*****Oklahoma-Texas Tech Game Thread*****

Two words.....young and dumb.....but hopefully they will mature and play smarter.

Wright is the only Not Big 12 caliber player and he plays good at times. His hands are what keeps him from being Big 12 caliber. Just can't do everything. He can only do a few things good. Pledger, if he don't quit shooting, will eventually be a great shooter. Tiny Gallon is just dumb right now. Give him another summer and say that. He has the capabilities to be great.

Crocker is a glue part of this team. If we don't get good play from new comers next year we may not be as good as we are this year without Crocker.

This team is getting more experience. We just couldn't beat Tech and their refs tonight. We played really good again.

They got outscored by 20 in the second half.. Thats not playing really good, lol.

The real long term concern I have regarding this team is the impact its performance is going to have on recruiting. Jeff was the hot up and coming young coach prior to this season. He was able to compete for top national players. Now I think he has fallen back in the pack.

He needs to sign another big for 2010 and I am beginning to become concerned that this team's performance is going to set back recruiting as we have known it for that last 3 years.

Aside from TMG the freshmen have been a dissappointment to date. Pledger has lost his confidence and that is a killer for a shooter. His stroke does not approach what it was when the season started. Tiny is talented and still a freshmen butreassonable expectations are that a McDonald's All American will be more consistent than Tiny has been.

They got outscored by 20 in the second half.. Thats not playing really good, lol.

Compared to how we played before conference play that was really good. And a lot of those points were after we had 2 of our best post players.

Compared to how we played before conference play that was really good. And a lot of those points were after we had 2 of our best post players.

The level of competition has changed as well. You can't compare the end result of the TT game to the Gonzaga game, and say we're better. TT isn't as good.

Are we playing better than we were a month ago? Yes. Is that difference marginal at best? IMO, yes.

The frustrating thing is that we have become the team we as OU fans used to make fun of (when it was other Big 12 teams). We're now the team that makes ridiculously silly basketball mistakes, doesn't play hard all the time, and can't defend.

The level of competition has changed as well. You can't compare the end result of the TT game to the Gonzaga game, and say we're better. TT isn't as good.

Are we playing better than we were a month ago? Yes. Is that difference marginal at best? IMO, yes.

The frustrating thing is that we have become the team we as OU fans used to make fun of (when it was other Big 12 teams). We're now the team that makes ridiculously silly basketball mistakes, doesn't play hard all the time, and can't defend.

I'll agree with that but is Tech is on a level or better than VCU, UTEP, and Houston. And we played much better than we played against those 3 teams.

Tiny Gallon has played like a freshman this year... guess what? He IS a freshman!
The problem I see with Tiny is that he is not MENTALLY tough enough or physically enough in shape to realize his Mickey D AA status.
I wish that he had the warrior mentality that Najera had...

Then the NBA talk needs to stop. Tiny has a long way to go. Consistency is key.

I'll agree with that but is Tech is on a level or better than VCU, UTEP, and Houston. And we played much better than we played against those 3 teams.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think all three of those teams would give TT a good game. TT is a bottom 3-4 in the Big 12 type team.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think all three of those teams would give TT a good game. TT is a bottom 3-4 in the Big 12 type team.

Tech beat UTEP by 8 at home. Granted we played them in a "neutral" court in OKC. But we got blown out by them.

Back