Old student tradition making its way back for the Texas game

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Over the past three years, the capelables have tried to bring back old hoops traditions that somehow were lost towards the end of the Sampson era. We brought back the balloons. We brought back the newspapers.

One thing that has been lacking that will rear its ugly head on Saturday is the shredded newspaper flying up from the student section when the Sooners hit their first bucket/key buckets. Be on the lookout for this blast from the past.

shredded-papers.jpg

Great job, BT. You da man!

Appreciate bro. Another cool thing we are going to have for Saturday is a :eek:ldwt356: head with the caption 'Wonderful Wayman' on the bottom of the poster.

Working on getting some group members in better shape than I to W-A-Y-M-A-N it up with body paint. Hopefully it happens.

Great idea bringing it back. Getting crowds to come is all about creating a fun fun atmosphere and I really appreciate the work you and the capelables have in making the LNC better and better each game.

Appreciate bro. Another cool thing we are going to have for Saturday is a :eek:ldwt356: head with the caption 'Wonderful Wayman' on the bottom of the poster.

Working on getting some group members in better shape than I to W-A-Y-M-A-N it up with body paint. Hopefully it happens.

Speaking of shape, do you remember a kid with rather large moobs being hoisted up behind the goal shirtless while the opposing team was shooting free throws? It was a few years back. One of the most hilarious things I've seen.

Speaking of shape, do you remember a kid with rather large moobs being hoisted up behind the goal shirtless while the opposing team was shooting free throws? It was a few years back. One of the most hilarious things I've seen.

My freshman year (way back when) there was a guy that was known for said practice.

He was a really funny dude and coined the phrase ala Snoop Dogg "So much Drama in the LNC!"

LOL. So much drama in the LNC. That is classic. Did they actually make the students stop hoisting him up because it was unseemly on TV? Seems like I remember that but I could be making it up in my head.

LOL. So much drama in the LNC. That is classic. Did they actually make the students stop hoisting him up because it was unseemly on TV? Seems like I remember that but I could be making it up in my head.

Not sure why it was stopped. I have a question. What was the large poster that I have seen in some of Arenateam's 90's videos that was held up when the other team was shooting FTs?

I liked that brick that they had for the 2000 season.

Man I can't remember. When i was at ou back in 97-01 the student section was further to the west and I would always get there early to get toward the front on the west side.

In the eighties, OU and Mizzou were the only schools that I noticed reading the newspaper and Chanting "who cares" during opponent's intro. Later it seemed like alot of other schools started doing it.

In the eighties, OU and Mizzou were the only schools that I noticed reading the newspaper and Chanting "who cares" during opponent's intro. Later it seemed like alot of other schools started doing it.

Yup. From what I understand, OU was one of the first schools in the country to do this....OSU and KU started much later.

BigTime, you guys do a great job of organizing this stuff for the students...

The shredded paper was awesome, especially when viewing on TV...i cant wait to see that again...this time in person

My dad and I actually bring this guy up every once in awhile lol. He did it for a few games and he actually did make a huge impact on missed free throws lol. We were sitting pretty close to the action and the reason it stopped is because the refs made them stop it. But since its been so long, do you think any of the capables would have another substitute for this guy and give it a shot vs texas? BT any ideas?

Whatever happened to the blimp that used to drop gift certificates? Did they have to shut it down after they installed the new scoreboard?

I wish we could get the majority of the crowd to chant Capels name when he enters the arena. I think it would be nice for him to know how much we still stand behind him and support him

Over the past three years, the capelables have tried to bring back old hoops traditions that somehow were lost towards the end of the Sampson era. We brought back the balloons. We brought back the newspapers.

One thing that has been lacking that will rear its ugly head on Saturday is the shredded newspaper flying up from the student section when the Sooners hit their first bucket/key buckets. Be on the lookout for this blast from the past.

shredded-papers.jpg

Well done. It's about time that tradition is returning. Glad to see it coming back Saturday and in person; now we just need Top Dawg...

Well done. It's about time that tradition is returning. Glad to see it coming back Saturday and in person; now we just need Top Dawg...
Don't you think it would get people fired up for Top to come back Saturday with a Wayman jersey on?

(sure, it's only a mascot, but still)

Back