Old student tradition making its way back for the Texas game

Don't you think it would get people fired up for Top to come back Saturday with a Wayman jersey on?

(sure, it's only a mascot, but still)

I sure would go nuts if he came back just for one game.

Over the past three years, the capelables have tried to bring back old hoops traditions that somehow were lost towards the end of the Sampson era. We brought back the balloons. We brought back the newspapers.
[/IMG]

Bring back the "Texas Sucks" chant we lost early in the Sampson era.

Bring back the "Texas Sucks" chant we lost early in the Sampson era.
Yea that irked me about Sampson asking people to stop that. I think he simply knew he was going to take Barnes to the woodshed, once again, and he didn't want to kick someone he was "prison-loving."

My dad and I actually bring this guy up every once in awhile lol. He did it for a few games and he actually did make a huge impact on missed free throws lol. We were sitting pretty close to the action and the reason it stopped is because the refs made them stop it. But since its been so long, do you think any of the capables would have another substitute for this guy and give it a shot vs texas? BT any ideas?

LOL, glad you are among those of us that remember it. Any moobtastic peeps on the board that would like to try this role on for size?

Bring back the red carpet that was rolled out and the Sooners used to run over when they took the court. I think Sampson eliminated that tradition.

Bring back the large man that used to run around in the LNC carrying a massive OU flag

Bring back the bull**** chant and hey ref you suck :)

Also bring back:

Soonerman
Boomerboy
Neighbor Bob

Was just thinking about this...are former players also going to attend in honor of Wayman since it's his tribute day?

Also bring back:

Soonerman
Boomerboy
Neighbor Bob

Seriously, what the crap happened to Neighbor Bob. I miss his Go baby!!! and him saying Hoop right as we were about to swish the free throw. Anyone remember when he was selected to participate in that shoot for money thing lol.

Don't you think it would get people fired up for Top to come back Saturday with a Wayman jersey on?

(sure, it's only a mascot, but still)

That would be flat out amazing....

Seriously, what the crap happened to Neighbor Bob. I miss his Go baby!!! and him saying Hoop right as we were about to swish the free throw. Anyone remember when he was selected to participate in that shoot for money thing lol.

His bromance with Heskett and Stone brought him to the games. Then when those guys left I just don't think his heart was in it anymore.

Although, he was back for the OSU game (or maybe it was Missouri). He was sitting in the lower south end and before the game ran down to the edge of the seats by the tunnel when the team was going back into the locker room before the game.

He leaned over the edge yelled "Yeah Baby!" and stuck his hand out for TMG to give him a high five, but TMG just stone cold ignored the guy and walked right by him even though his hand was inches from his face. It was and funny at the same time.

Last edited:
This is awesome, Big Time. I love what you guys do.

Back