One more thought on who is the worst team in the Big-12

coolm

Reaction score
I really think it's Tech.

They have some decent players...but they are NOT a good team overall. Poor shot selection across the board on offense, lazy in transition defensively, poor communication on defense.

Doesn't mean they will win the fewest games necessarily. That becomes a matter of circumstance. But I think they're the worst - even Iowa State and the Nibbish seem to play better.

And they are beating up on OSU. I think by your definition there's a good chance we have the worst team in the Big 12. We don't really play as a team at all.

Last edited:
OU is close to the worst team in the BIG 12. I haven't seen a team this pathetic at the LNC in 32 years.

Last edited:
Tubbs first team was probably worse. There were teams in the early 90s that were just as bad as this one. This is defenitely the worst team since Tubbs last couple of years. This may be the worst college sports year for Oklahoma since the early 90s also.

Tubbs first team was probably worse. There were teams in the early 90s that were just as bad as this one. This is defenitely the worst team since Tubbs last couple of years. This may be the worst college sports year for Oklahoma since the early 90s also.

Maybe, I'm older and have lost a few brain cells along the way. I sat through all those games in the 90's and don't remember this type of disjointed play. I hope to hell something gives. This is not Oklahoma basketball. Hope our condition improves.

We went 15-13 Tubbs last year. 20-12 the year before and then 20-15 in 91 winning 4 NIT games so our regular season record was 16-14 that year. Those teams were all pretty average at best. Then Sampson had an NIT year in 04 when we had half the roster injured. Then Capel's first year is comparable but I still think that team is better. You could be right this team could be worse than all those.

We went 15-13 Tubbs last year. 20-12 the year before and then 20-15 in 91 winning 4 NIT games so our regular season record was 16-14 that year. Those teams were all pretty average at best. Then Sampson had an NIT year in 04 when we had half the roster injured. Then Capel's first year is comparable but I still think that team is better. You could be right this team could be worse than all those.

Ok..thanks, Nick. Didn't we lose to Bradley in the final of the NIT that year? No, no, that was the early 80's. I can't remember.

We lost to Vandy in Tubbs last year. The year before we lost to Minnesota. Can't remember who we lost to in the 91 NIT. Was it Stanford? The worst lost in post season play during those years was to Louisiana Laffayette in the only NCAA year.

We lost to Vandy in Tubbs last year. The year before we lost to Minnesota. Can't remember who we lost to in the 91 NIT. Was it Stanford? The worst lost in post season play during those years was to Louisiana Laffayette in the only NCAA year.

I'll never forget Rosevelt Chapman and Dayton puttin a whoopin on us. Chapman was a baller.

i was gonna say the dayton loss was worse.

And they are beating up on OSU. I think by your definition there's a good chance we have the worst team in the Big 12. We don't really play as a team at all.

Very little team work or hustle today.

The Dayton loss was one week before I was born in 1984.

I'll never forget Rosevelt Chapman and Dayton puttin a whoopin on us. Chapman was a baller.

Yeah, he killed us that day. My father must have cursed him at least 50 times that day.:ez-laugh::ez-laugh:

Tubbs first team was probably worse.

No, Nick, that team was DEFINITELY worse. If this OU team does not win another game this season, they will still have been light years better than the '80-'81 OU team. Kudos to Billy Tubbs for winning more than 5 games that year. That's all I predicted they'd win when I found out Raymond Whitley was out for the season. Dave Bliss left Billy one decent young player - Chucky Barnett.

Back