One way to sum up the season

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
Imagine if before the season, someone had told you that we wouldn’t have a single player miss a game due to injury. Now imagine that someone would have told you that we wouldn’t exceed five league wins or 15 overall. Astounding. I don’t know if Vegas sets win totals for college hoops teams, but if so, I’d bet ours was probably around 20. Just a staggering and inexcusable failure.

Yep, with the additions of Grant, Bam, Los, Oweh, etc and the expected improvement from the holdovers, there was a lot of hope. I penciled them in as the 6th/7th team in the league and a tourney lock.

Not even close.

That’s a tremendous word. And especially accurate after tonight’s game.

I think my friend invented it. Feel free to add it to your repertoire. and theres another word level above that one too. But idk ifn you're ready yet ha

Good post Wichita. I would have bet a lot of money this season wouldn't have gone as it has.

Mysteries for me: (1) What happened to the outside stroke of Tanner and CJ, (2) what happened to J-bam -- between the summer and season, (3) how could anyone be as inconsistent shooting the ball as Grant, from game to game (especially an older player).

I DVR the games and have been watching some of them. Other than some obvious things that we have all discussed, I find it really hard to understand the difference in play between the first 15 minutes of play in each half and our play in the last 5 minutes of each half. Not every game, but in a lot of our losses there was a real difference. I can't put my finger on a consistent issue. Perhaps some of you coaches have some ideas.

Bottom line for me, we just seemed plenty good enough to win more of the close games than we won.

Anyway, I am moving on to softball and spring football. This basketball season was nothing short of a rollercoaster that came off the rails. I am going to give Moser the benefit of the doubt, hope he finds some kids in the portal and turns it around next year.

Here’s a sobering thought: Next year isn’t going to be any better. It’s probably going to be worse.

Back