OSU basketball team looking good on paper

Still don't know how you think Moses wasn't fed the ball...

But I'll make a sig bet or avatar bet or whatever about Pilgrim's numbers. I'm hearing real good things about him. Guy averaged 11 points as a freshman in D-1 basketball...

10 and 5.

But I'll make a sig bet or avatar bet or whatever about Pilgrim's numbers. I'm hearing real good things about him. Guy averaged 11 points as a freshman in D-1 basketball...

10 and 5.

Do you also think Moses, Page, Anderson and Muonelo average over 10 pts per game? I just don't see how another player gets there with the number of shot attempts that will be gobbled up by Anderson and Muonelo.

Do you also think Moses, Page, Anderson and Muonelo average over 10 pts per game? I just don't see how another player gets there with the number of shot attempts that will be gobbled up by Anderson and Muonelo.

I think OSU will average more points than they did last year (81 last year) and give up more points as well.

I think Anderson's 20, Muonelo's 12 or 13, Moses and Page around 11, and Pilgrim around 10. That leaves around 20 points for the rest of the rotation. I think it will be Anderson leading the team and then a big clump of guys averaging about the same range of points (10-13).

But we'll see.

10 and 5.

We can do that my man. Personally if i had a choice to draft a player from OsU outside of Anderson, my first pick would be Moses. He's a guy that showed he can rebound an an elite level and is a matchup problem for other bigs when he's not in foul trouble. OSU is still going to go with a 4 guard lineup. If they do that, it is tough for me seeing Pilgrim get more than 20 minutes a game.

The real bet is who has the better year Pilgrim or UDOH?

I think OSU will average more points than they did last year (81 last year) and give up more points as well.

That just doesn't happen. you don't lose a combined 25 points a game from two seniors and expect a bunch of freshmen and a journeyman transfer to add more offensive punch.

Last edited:
The real bet is who has the better year Pilgrim or UDOH?

someone is taking their crazy pills this morning. Udoh is a 1st team all big 12 caliber defender and as a bonus I would be willing to bet he has a better offensive year than Pilgrim assuming both guys stay healthy. Udoh put up similar numbers to Pilgrim at Michigan versus Hampton. There is a difference.

I think you could easily argue that, for their respective teams, Eaton and Blake were equally as important.

Eaton was a good player and had a very solid season last year, but I just can't get my head around the fact that he was as equally important to his team as the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft.

If you want to say they were both the most valuable player on their respective team, OK.

But the important point leading into this season is what kind of impact did each have on the overall quality of their respective team last year.

And if you want to say that Eaton's overall impact to the quality of OSU's team was equal to Blake's overall impact to the quality of OU's team... I just can't get on board with that.

matt pilgrim is going to surprise a lot of people with his defensive abilities. His offense needs some work but he will get plenty of garbage points. How many is really hard to guess, but he will have an immediate impact defensively.

matt pilgrim is going to surprise a lot of people with his defensive abilities. His offense needs some work but he will get plenty of garbage points. How many is really hard to guess, but he will have an immediate impact defensively.

Like I said, Pilgrim is the key to the pokes making it back to the dance. It was a great pick-up for Ford. He will really help on the glass and with interior D.

Ford has said that if he goes with experience the starters are:

1. Page
2. Anderson
3. Obi
4. Moses
5. Pilgrim

He wants Gulley or Penn to take over at the point. He says Gulley has the mental part of it down, Penn more of the physical aspects. He said Penn is an excellent passer and does a great job finding the open guy. Anderson has improved his agility and has added a 10-15 foot game that is "off the charts"

To be honest, I have no idea what to think about OSU. They have the offensive explosiveness to be a powerhouse, but at the same time, their question marks (pg and post) are as big as any team n the conference.

Sid does his job. He gets out there for 5-8 minutes a game. Gives a guy a rest, plays ok defense and doesn't turn it over.

To be honest, I have no idea what to think about OSU. They have the offensive explosiveness to be a powerhouse, but at the same time, their question marks (pg and post) are as big as any team n the conference.

Wow, I must be losing it because for once I can agree with you.

8-8 for OSU. They lose at home to Texas, OU and KU. Like all teams they have trouble on the road with losses at OU, Texas, and ISU. They have games with Tech, Baylor and A&M that are both winnable and losable (at home and on the road). They have to go to KSU and Missouri (both could go either way). OSU is an 8-8 team. A dream season is 10-6 and a nightmare is 6-10 but 8-8 is the correct prediction.

Honestly, I only see 2 easy wins for OSU in conference play with CU and Nebraska in Stillwater (and a bad night could still mean a loss). I suspect OSU will beat Tech, Baylor and A&M in Stillwater. I think OSU has about as tough a road schedule as you can have in the Big XII. I am virtuallly positive OSU will win some road games but I would pick against them in every game if there was no line. Now things might and probably will change as the sason progresses but Tech is probably the weakest team OSU plays on the road and it is not easy to win in Lubbock (KU lost in Lubbock last season).

I fully recognize that OSU could beat Texas, OU or KU at home or on the road but I dion't think that is likely. To the extent OSU wins one of those games you have to recognize that an unexpected loss is just as likely (like a road loss in Lubbock, Waco, College Station, Manhatter or Columbia). OSU will probably be much better in the second half of the conference season than the first half but so will several other teams (like OU).

Keiton Page is the next John Lucas the 3rd mark it down.

Keiton Page is the next John Lucas the 3rd mark it down.

I bet he does better than people suspect he will do. He had a strong freshman season and clearly demonstrated he belonged at this level. I have seen plenty of other players not be able to do that.

I bet he does better than people suspect he will do. He had a strong freshman season and clearly demonstrated he belonged at this level. I have seen plenty of other players not be able to do that.

you can win some money with Page on the courts- kind of like Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump.

white-men-cant_l.jpg

Paige gets the standard racism directed towards white athletes and particularly white athletes that look young. He is a good basketball player. Look at Cade Davis on OU's team. Some actually contend the guy is not a good athlete when he has a huge vertical, is quick, has good hands, can shoot, can dribble, etc. The guy is a great athlete but he is white so people insult him.

Back