OSU Turnover numbers under Ford

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Ford sure has trouble finding guys that he wants to stick. It was a big part of what cost Capel his job. One wonders if Ford will adjust...

Ford's recruits:
Name / Years at OSU / Year (as of 2011-2012 season) / Status
Matt Pilgrim / 2 / Exhausted Eligibility
Ray Penn / 2 / Transferred
Reger Dowell / 2 / Junior / On Team
Roger Franklin / 2 / Transferred
Fred Gulley / 2 / Redshirt Sophomore? / On Team
Jarred Shaw / 2 / Transferred
J.P. Olekumi / 1.5 / Redshirt Junior / On Team
Darrell Williams / 1 / Senior / Suspended (except for hosting recruits?)
Markel Brown / 1 / Sophomore / On Team
Torrin Walker / 1 / Transferred
Malcoln Kirkland / 1 / Transferred
Teeng Akol / 1 / Transferred
Brian Williams / 1 / Redshirt Freshman / On Team
Michael Cobbins / 1 / Redshirt Freshman / On Team
Phillip Jurick / 0 / Incoming Redshirt Junior
LeBryan Nash / 0 / Incoming Freshman
Cezar Guerrero / 0 / Incoming Freshman
Karron Johnson / 0 / Never made it to campus

Of the 2 recruits Ford signed in 2008, both have transferred (Akol, Kirkland). None remain.

Of the 8 recruits Ford signed in 2009, 1 exhausted eligibility (Pilgrim), 1 did not make it to campus (Johnson) and 4 transferred (Shaw, Franklin, Penn, Walker). Only 2 remain (Dowell, Gulley).

Of the 5 recruits Ford signed in 2010, 2 redshirted (Cobbins, B. Williams) and 1 is suspended (D. Williams). All 5 remain.

Of the 4 recruits Ford signed in 2011 (so far), 1 did not make it to campus (Johnson again). 3 should be arriving this summer (so far).

Keiton is now the ONLY non-Ford recruit still on the team. Experience: 3 seasons.

Rest of team average Big XII Experience (as of now): 0.6 Seasons

Most experienced Ford recruit on team: J.P. Olukemi (809 career minutes in 1 season)

Till last year Ford won. Granted with a lot of Sutton's talent and Anderson. OSU will probably be the most talented team in the conference with what Texas and Kansas lose. Well Kansas will always still have talent so I take that back. But if OSU isn't a top 5 team in the conference Ford will at least be in trouble for next year.

Till last year Ford won. Granted with a lot of Sutton's talent and Anderson. OSU will probably be the most talented team in the conference with what Texas and Kansas lose. Well Kansas will always still have talent so I take that back. But if OSU isn't a top 5 team in the conference Ford will at least be in trouble for next year.

I tend to agree. He should win with this group next near. The bottom line is that both Ford and Capel have had trouble getting and keeping solid role players that become juniors and seniors and give you great experience, stability, and bridge the gap with the young talent. You have to question both of their abilities to evaluate talent in that regard.

'08 class was a bunch of scrubs, and it turns out '09 class was a lot of filler. '10 class looks decent to good, and there has to be some optimism for the '11 class. Ford lost a lot of the shine he had for some of the fanbase (the ones that still weren't living in Suttonland) this past season. I've still got faith, but missing the tournament again would be inexcusable. Got to think OSU will score a lot of points this year, question is can they stop anyone?

I tend to agree. He should win with this group next near.

OU had a group as equally as talented as this OSU class in 09 until ego's got in the way...this will be the big issue for OSU this season, to keep the ego's in check

OSU will be the most athletic team in the league this year... if they can hit some jumpers they will be very good.

six transfers is nothing. you aren't even trying 'till you get to double digits.

OSU will be the most athletic team in the league this year... if they can hit some jumpers they will be very good.
I would take Baylor for most athletic team.

Baylor will have athletes, I'm Kansas will too because they are Kansas. But Oklahoma State is up there. They might have the best player in the conference.

I know Keiton is one of the most experienced players in the conference and should have a good senior season but its bold to call him best in the conference Nick.

Back