OU a 9 seed in todays espn Bracket update

The first round of the NCAA tourney is March 23-24. OU is hosting the Big12 Women's Gymnastics this year on March 23. I wonder if OU WBB would even be able to host if they made it into the top 16?

Our NET fell 1 spot back to 26 after the Kansas loss and the games of the weekend.

Hope that loss to Kansas didn't cause us to lose that projected #4 seed.

It's likely we'll have to win the Big 12 tournament to get that 4-seed.

I dont understand how criminally underrated we are ranking wise. Just won the big 12.
Well, losing in the non-con to not good teams will do that to you. OU was barely above .500 when they entered conference play. They were starting from a low ranking.

Well, losing in the non-con to not good teams will do that to you. OU was barely above .500 when they entered conference play. They were starting from a low ranking.
Winning the big 12 should trump that stuff.

I know I know. All games count but you won’t find a much hotter team.

I dont understand how criminally underrated we are ranking wise. Just won the big 12.
Neither does anyone else with half a brain. Today's Sooners are nothing like the team that finished the noncon with a 6-5 record. They're Big 12 champs and clearly one of the hottest teams in D1. The only thing lacking in this program is the respect they should be getting from pollsters and the so-called experts.

Well, we can't have it both ways. The NET has been very kind to the men, who never have "bad" losses but can't finish above .500 in the nation's toughest conference. 8-10, no dogs, and to the Dance you go. I could not be more proud of Jennie and the team. Their turnaround has been tremendous. But everybody knows that the NET punishes teams for bad losses, and I can't imagine there's another team in the top 50 that has a loss as bad as our Southern debacle.

I don't like the NET. I think teams receive way too much credit for playing a tough schedule. I'd like to see teams rewarded more for their winning. But that's just me. I never worked at Los Alamos, so I'm probably the wrong guy to try and decipher its inner workings.

Winning the big 12 should trump that stuff.

I know I know. All games count but you won’t find a much hotter team.
Losing to Kansas also slows some momentum. OU is hot, yes. But that loss wasn't a good one.

I want to see how they bounce back in the Big 12 tourney. That will tell a lot about this team.

Kansas is s hot team right now. Their game against Texas in KC will be interesting.

Kansas is s hot team right now. Their game against Texas in KC will be interesting.
Yep. KU is far from a bad loss. The squawks are 8-1 in their last nine Big 12 games. They could give the whorns some problems in the tournament.

That's good. No point in playing the pokes again. We took care of business today. Now for some revenge against ISU on Monday.

Back