OU a half court team?

Orlando is an good finisher, but he just can't make it up and down the court. Like you said, Gallon often lead the break in AAU play. Infact he makes great transition decisions. Can he keep up with the speed of the game is my question and often, a guy like Tiny will have to sacrifice running the offensive break for getting back on defense.

The Orlando of last year couldn't make it up and down the court. Early in the season last year Ryan Wright show the ability to at least get fouled and go to the line. Also, if at some point Tiny and Fitz get into the game together. I could see Fitz getting the rebound and passing it to TMG or Willie while Tiny gets up the floor as the trailer behind the two. I've seen this in my dreams already and hope that it comes to fruition many times next year. I have heard some very good reports on Orlando so far. He is really putting in the work again like last summer. :clap

It will be interesting to see the style this team takes to. As many of said the guards really like to push it and the bigs can't really get up and down the court. Something will have to give. My guess is the style will slow down a bit except on the occassional possessions TMG and/or WW can get out and push it themselves.

The big men cant get up the floor though...

Get their ass in shape then.

The game is too physical now to be a half court team. Look at the good teams lately, they get up and down the court to score. Yeah I know they have great athletes, but playing fast doesn't have to be how fast you are. A lot of teams push to get the floor spaced and give their shooters open looks.

I want OU to push it next year, if the Post men can't get down the floor sub they ass out or just score before they get there. If you can't get a quick open look, then set it up and let the big guys get inside.

Maybe my expectations were high because Blake was the best college transition bigman since Chris Webber.

The big men cant get up the floor though...

What's your point? Score before they get down their then. People do not understand what it means to push the ball. You can run all game long, you get down the court, if you do not have an open shot or an easy layup then you pull it out and run offense.

A
Essentially, transition basketball is triggered by defensive stops, rebounds, and turnovers. The greatness of Blake Griffin was that he could get the rebound, hit the outlet, and beat everyone down court. For OU to replace this, they'll have to be a better defensive team, be a better rebounding team, and create more turnovers. That is a tall task.

Probably the most mis-informered part about basketball is that people think you can only run when you get a rebound or a stop. You can run just as much after made baskets. KU and UNC are amazing at this, they get it out of the basket and are shooting a layup on the other end before the other team is anywhere near the basket.

Probably the most mis-informered part about basketball is that people think you can only run when you get a rebound or a stop. You can run just as much after made baskets. KU and UNC are amazing at this, they get it out of the basket and are shooting a layup on the other end before the other team is anywhere near the basket.

I would say Mizzou gets up the floor after a made basket better than anyone. They take it out of the net and are at midcourt in about 1.5 seconds, lol.

true, but the ideal is not to give up baskets.

Back