OU at Kansas

sybarite

Reaction score
Oklahoma 97 Kansas 64. OU shot almost 60% from the field and over sixty-seven percent from three. Kansas actually shot well. But, they ran into OU operating like a juggernaut.

https://stats.ncaa.org/game/index/4480341?org_id=522

0 5-5 Jr G Christala Lyons 14.78 ppg
33 5-10 Jr G Kylee Kopatich 13.39 ppg
2 5-8 Jr G Brianna Osorio 11.48 ppg
11 6-0 Jr F Austin Richardson 8.35 ppg
35 6-5 Fr P Bailey Helgren 1.39 ppg

Essentially, Kansas has four scorers and zippo. Helgren gets a couple of rebounds per game. But, the three guards and Richardson carry the load for the team. None are great shooters. All are OK. Curiously, they do shoot better than the average team they have played, except from the free throw line. We can actually win the free throw line from KU.

We lost to KU in Norman in 2015. They had a good guard and post then, even beat Baylor. Now, they challenge for last.

I don't care if it is in Lawrence. This should be an easy win.

Yes. I see everyone getting a ton of playing time. As I said after the earlier KU game, Kansas WBB is one of the worst college sports team I have ever seen in my life.

I actually felt sorry for the KU players when we last played. What it must be like to bust your guts out practicing hard every day and then going out and getting run over like you're week-old road kill twice every 7 days.

I hope our team comes out focused, playing hard and not letting up. We can't take a game off -- even if it is Kansas.

I think we can all agree that this is W.

Yes. I see everyone getting a ton of playing time. As I said after the earlier KU game, Kansas WBB is one of the worst college sports team I have ever seen in my life.

I actually felt sorry for the KU players when we last played. What it must be like to bust your guts out practicing hard every day and then going out and getting run over like you're week-old road kill twice every 7 days.

I hope our team comes out focused, playing hard and not letting up. We can't take a game off -- even if it is Kansas.

I think we can all agree that this is W.
KU WBB or KU football, which is the worst college sports team. Maybe both.

What is remarkable is that Kansas has two wins in conference and 12-11 record, better than ours. They beat Tech in Lubbock and TCU in Lawrence.

Yes, but that’s another numerical false comparison. They haven’t played as tough of a schedule as we have or probably much of the Big 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but that’s another numerical false comparison. They haven’t played as tough of a schedule as we have or probably much of the Big 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, Ollie.

And it also once again points out the illegitimacy of the polls that are voted on. They are truly "fake news". They are almost totally based on the record. Virtually no consideration to SOS. If you go look at them with that in mind, it is obvious.

That is why you must include some kind of mathematical analysis to have any chance of being legitimate. In addition to being biased (all of us are at some level) the voters are often seriously uninformed.

Good point, Ollie.

And it also once again points out the illegitimacy of the polls that are voted on. They are truly "fake news". They are almost totally based on the record. Virtually no consideration to SOS. If you go look at them with that in mind, it is obvious.

That is why you must include some kind of mathematical analysis to have any chance of being legitimate. In addition to being biased (all of us are at some level) the voters are often seriously uninformed.[/QUOTE

I've never understood why some people are so set against the computerized polls.

Back