OU commit Jalon Moore

It's hilarious watching the Hill-worshippers criticizing this signing. True colors are definitely showing.

Re: Ou commit Jalon Moore

Per 40 minutes last year:

Jalen Hill: 11.8pts, 7.0 reb, 49.8 FG%
Jalon Moore: 14.8pts, 9.1 reb, 43.1 FG%

Jalon is obviously not anyone's first option or the most sought out guy in the portal. But he's going into his junior season with room to fill out frame, expand his role. He's not a finished product. Jalen Hill's production doubled when transitioning to a starting role, what's not to say that doesn't happen for Moore? What if he adds 10lbs of muscle to his frame in one offseason which is doable?

Encouraging post. I would imagine the per 40 is a little flawed in the comparison here bc it presumes the same level or productivity through much longer minutes for Moore. But still encouraging none the less

It's hilarious watching the Hill-worshippers criticizing this signing. True colors are definitely showing.

Some of the same posters talked down the strength of the big12 conference during past few seasons. Then when OU lands p5 transfers, they say said transfers can’t compete in the murderers row big 12. It is inconsistent at best.

I am fine with Moore signing, but I don't think it moves the needle or improves us as much as we need improving. Shooting less than 45% from a PF that doesn't take outside shots is not going to help this team. I think the team needs better shooting as a primary need. There is a chance he improves and has potential, let see if PM can get it out of him.

I’ve watched both practice. That count?

Well, I wasn’t responding to you, but honestly, no. I could not care less how guys look in summer practices. If summer practice was a great indicator, we’d be FF contenders every year based on what this board predicts. And Bam would have been a difference maker last year. I’ll go off the 120ish games Jalen played in the Big 12, and the fact Moore didn’t start half the time for his team. Some guys look great in practice because they are athletic and show well in less structured play. If it doesn’t carry over to the game court, it doesn’t move the needle for me.

Well, I wasn’t responding to you, but honestly, no. I could not care less how guys look in summer practices. If summer practice was a great indicator, we’d be FF contenders every year based on what this board predicts. And Bam would have been a difference maker last year. I’ll go off the 120ish games Jalen played in the Big 12, and the fact Moore didn’t start half the time for his team. Some guys look great in practice because they are athletic and show well in less structured play. If it doesn’t carry over to the game court, it doesn’t move the needle for me.

Have you seen Moore play?

Know squat about Moore, but I agree with you (I think so, anyhow) about Hill. Jalen became better each year at OU and ended his career here as the real deal.

It won’t move the needle for you either way. We both know that’s a fact. Just like confirming it everyday.

Moore > Hill

If that’s true, that’s great news. I don’t know enough about him to say anything, so I’ll defer to those that have seen him play. I hope you’re right.

Back