***OU in the mix for East Coast Big man***

With how many guys Capel looks to be in on, this should end up being a monster recruiting class.

Sounds like a young man who has his head on straight and understands the importance of a degree over just going to college to "play hoops." I also like the goals he's set for himself, as well as the school fortunate enough to sign him. This is my favorite part:

“I want to win a national championship and will stay to try and do that,” he said. “I am not one of those guys that already knows how long he wants to stay in college before turning pro.

“Academics play a big part [in the recruiting process]. I am going to be looking at business schools and I want to get my degree. I am interested in Business Entrepreneurship as a field of study.”

Harris currently has a 3.8 GPA and received a 1360 on his SAT.

Another great interview, Henzo!!! :clap

Color me impressed with his answers. It was refreshing to hear some of his longterm goals, and how they do not necessarily tie into basketball.

Even the most optomistic basketball players know you cannot count on your knee, shoulder, back, etc, to be there for you without a doubt. Basketball is a physical game, and having a degree can help add to your life tremendously, should an unfortunate injury or some other event occur that derails your playing days.

It sounds like he may have aspirations toward becoming a CEO, or at least own his own business. I can do nothing but admire someone who has that kind of eye for his future.

Good luck wherever you go, Tobias Harris. If that should be OU, we will welcome you with open arms.:OUbball-logo:

Tobias,
if you come to OU, you will have two great seasons and Jeff Capel will turn you into a first round draft pick.

Back