OU players who have a possibility of making it in the W

womenssports

Reaction score
I have said for a couple of years that Kay Kay had a chance. If she is willing to put in the work to improve her skills, I can definitely see her coming off the bench for a team. She has the height an mobility around the basket and isn't too slow getting down the court.

Maddie has the shots, the mobility, the length and skills to play the 4. She definitely needs to improve but believe the potential is there.

Vivi is another post player who could play. Considering how long she has played basketball, that last year she was coming off a very recent acl and the potential she has shown this year, I actually think she has the best shot of anyone on the team, if that is what she wants to do.

Gabbi is another who has a good chance. Post and point guards are most needed and she should be able to make a team.

It would be harder for Gioya to make it because of the position she plays. There is a lot more competition for the two and three because more people can play those positions. She and Vivi are my favorite players so I would love to see Gioya get out of her head and just play. She has so many natural skills. Not starting with the team, I am afraid if she comes back this year, she will be as much in her head as ever. Doubting herself and where she fits in and when she should pass and when she should shoot.

Then there is EJ. She seems like a really smart young woman. I am kind of surprised we haven't seen more of her. From what I had read, I thought we would be able to use her defense and rebounding. I will wait before commenting on her possibilities.

I see Peyton playing overseas, if that is something she wants, but just do not think she is athletic enough to make a WNBA team.

Don't expect much agreement on this if there are any replies but that's cool. I think a lot about the potential of the players going forward. As an aside, part of it is just luck. There are players who are on teams who are not as good as players who have not made it.

(obviously, this is just my opinion as are all my posts unless I am quoting someone or stating facts, so that should always be assumed)

Last edited:
I think the players who make the all-conference team will have the best shot at playing in the WNBA. Of course, not all of those selected for that honor will get drafted.

All-Americans aren't drafted so I don't think that is how it is determined. Just like excelling in high school is different than college, the same is true in the WNBA. Peyton might make all-conference but she just is not athletic enough nor has the height to make it in the WNBA. I look forward to seeing what happens in the next couple of years.

Back