OU - Post recruits we need quality depth

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Is OU recruiting any high profile Juco post players that could come in and play right away? Where is the next T Gray when we need one?

I fear the Post is our future weakness. Tiny is developing but we need quality 6.8+ guys if we are going to play in the big sand box.

I like Fitz not sure he is tall enough to play with the big boys. Hardrick has a ways to go and also lacks inches.

Is OU recruiting any high profile Juco post players that could come in and play right away? Where is the next T Gray when we need one?

OU is on on Ricardo Ratliffe, a 6'8'' 230 juco power forward who is ranked as the #1 juco in the country. He has a ton of schools after him and averages 26 points a game, but he used to play with Pledger so OU has a connection there. He would come in and start next to Tiny next year, no question.

I am sure there are a few other juco guys Capel is on right now.

OU is on on Ricardo Ratliffe, a 6'8'' 230 juco power forward who is ranked as the #1 juco in the country. He has a ton of schools after him and averages 26 points a game, but he used to play with Pledger so OU has a connection there. He would come in and start next to Tiny next year, no question.

That would be nice...i would like to see a couple of Juco AA's sprinkled in with each class if possible from here on out since it is obvious Capel is going to bring in 1 to 2 blue chippers a year...

Where can I find a list of JUCO rankings for 2010? I am wondering who has ranked them and given Ratliffe #1.

Off that list I would like to see OU bring in Ricardo Ratliffe (6'9'' 240), Bernard James (6'10'' 235, averaging 15, 11, and 4 blocks this year), and Khalil Mcdonald (6'4'' 195) out of Blinn College.

That would give OU a scoring power forward to get more production in the paint (Ratliffe, averaging 26 a game)... Bernard James is a good scorer and rebounder, and also has 41 blocks in 11 games (nearly 4 per game).... and Khalil Mcdonald is a big scorer/shooter to help make up for the loss of Crocker and Willie next year.

PG: TMG/TJ Taylor
SG: Stephen Pledger/Khalil Mcdonald
SF: Cameron Clark/Cade Davis
PF: Ricardo Ratliffe/Andrew Fitzgerald/Barry O
C: Tiny Gallon/Bernard James/Orlando

That's a really good team.. OU would add maturity, talent, scoring, rebounding, etc to a really nice foundation already in place of TMG, Tiny, and Pledger.

Of course, if Terrence Jones is going to come to OU you take a player like that. Otherwise, fill the holes and sign guys to support Tiny, Pledger, and TMG right away. It seems like OU is out on the other big names it hoped to get (Lamb, Mccallum) so I don't know if any big names are left other than Jones. If not big names are left I would get guys like the ones I mentioned.

Last edited:
Off that list I would like to see OU bring in Ricardo Ratliffe (6'9'' 240), Bernard James (6'10'' 235, averaging 15, 11, and 4 blocks this year), and Khalil Mcdonald (6'4'' 195) out of Blinn College.

That would give OU a scoring power forward to get more production in the paint (Ratliffe, averaging 26 a game)... Bernard James is a good scorer and rebounder, and also has 41 blocks in 11 games (nearly 4 per game).... and Khalil Mcdonald is a big scorer/shooter to help make up for the loss of Crocker and Willie next year.

That's a really good team.. OU would add maturity, talent, scoring, rebounding, etc to a really nice foundation already in place of TMG, Tiny, and Pledger.

Of course, if Terrence Jones is going to come to OU you take a player like that. Otherwise, fill the holes and sign guys to support Tiny, Pledger, and TMG right away. It seems like OU is out on the other big names it hoped to get (Lamb, Mccallum) so I don't know if any big names are left other than Jones. If not big names are left I would get guys like the ones I mentioned.

Those are the top 2 big's in juco one would be great both would be a steal.

Those are the top 2 big's in juco one would be great both would be a steal.

juco's want playing time, and OU can offer that in the post. Ratliffe would start and James would get plenty of minutes. I doubt OU gets James but a guy like him would be great. It would seem OU has a shot with Ratliffe because of his connection to Pledger and he could start on a good Big 12 team.

juco's want playing time, and OU can offer that in the post. Ratliffe would start and James would get plenty of minutes. I doubt OU gets James but a guy like him would be great. It would seem OU has a shot with Ratliffe because of his connection to Pledger and he could start on a good Big 12 team.

He has a larger list of potential suiters than Tiger Woods lets hope the Pledger relationship carries weight. I agree he would start at the 4 for us from day one. Heck he would start today. Dude is popping 30 a game right now

How do you keep on top of all this?

How do you keep on top of all this?

He posted the link and I knew about Mcdonald because OSU was recruiting him last year (per my OSU friend)... All of us knew about Ratliffe.... and I didnt know anything about the other guy before I clicked on the link, lol.

That's a really salty group right there, with or without Terrence Jones. Good analysis, ABD.

As for the JUCOs want playing time, I would definitely vouch for that. I've known countless guys coming out of the two-year ranks who decided to go to a lesser program because they would get significant playing time. Add to the mill OU is a tournament team looking to challenge for the Final Four in the future only adds to the allure.

Cade will/would start over Pledger at the 2.

Would juco's like Kahil and Bernard really want to come to OU just to be back ups?

Benard would start if we don't sign the top Juco big Rat, if we did he would still be the first big off the bench. When you are in a 3 man rotation for the post it is like starting, plus you are one twisted knee away from starting.

Not sure Cade would start over Pledger next year usually the jump in improvement from year 1 is pretty large for most its a good problem to have.

Benard would start if we don't sign the top Juco big Rat, if we did he would still be the first big off the bench. When you are in a 3 man rotation for the post it is like starting, plus you are one twisted knee away from starting.

Not sure Cade would start over Pledger next year usually the jump in improvement from year 1 is pretty large for most its a good problem to have.

I personally don't think it matters a whole lot who starts, Pledger has a great role currently coming off the bench as a scorer.

I certainly don't think it's a given that Cade would start over Pledger at the 2 NEXT year.

JUCOS JUCOS JUCOS

Lest we forget that part of the reason for our lack of post depth right now is that one of our much heralded/anticipated JUCOs basically flunked out of school. I'm not saying I am anti JUCOs, but there are some inherent risks involved with those kids. There's a reason they went to a JUCO in the first place.

Back