OU - Post recruits we need quality depth

Would juco's like Kahil and Bernard really want to come to OU just to be back ups?

Khalil would compete to start, and Bernard would be the 3rd post and first in line to start if Tiny were to go to the NBA after his sophomore season.

These guys are just hypothetical, mind you. I would love to see a class like that, and OU may sign a juco or two, but I don't have any information linking OU to these particular players.

Is OU recruiting any high profile Juco post players that could come in and play right away? Where is the next T Gray when we need one?

I fear the Post is our future weakness. Tiny is developing but we need quality 6.8+ guys if we are going to play in the big sand box.

I like Fitz not sure he is tall enough to play with the big boys. Hardrick has a ways to go and also lacks inches.

Don't forget about Barry Honore. I assure you that he would be a highly rated JUCO if he had gone that route. He has already dropped some weight, and Coach Capel has stated that he is a lot better than he thought he was going to be at this point. Plus, he will already have a year in OU's system.

I bet he earns a scholly next year.

Barry Honore should be considered part of this class. Honore, Coleman, and Jones would complete the class. I think maybe a juco guy gets added to make six, maybe. But not one of the ones listed, probably one of the bigs from Redlands.

Well, if we can land the PG from Portland Jefferson we'll be set at starter and backup for the 1-4.

Everybody is looking at specific players. OU actually needs specific things. OU needs a weakside shot blocker in a bad way. OU needs a guy that can match up with versatyle forwards. I don't know the Juco players listed, but they would need to do those things. Terrence Jones is a guy that isn't a weakside shot blocker and probably isn't good enough defensively to match up with experienced players. Post depth like a Triton Mayberry or a Maurice Walker is not going to help OU. OU would be better off getting a 6-6 guy that can leap and run.

Back