Reaction score
2011-12 Roster (as of April 14, 2011)
Scholarship Players

Seniors
C.J. Washington ... 6-7, 209 Forward ... Stringtown, OK / Connors State JC
Nick Thompson ... 6-9, 208 Forward ... Clinton, UT / College of Eastern Utah

Juniors
Romero Osby ... 6-8, 225 Forward ... Meridian, MS / Mississippi State
Andrew Fitzgerald ... 6-8, 226 Forward ... Baltimore, MD (Brewster Academy NH)
Robert Goff ... 6-9, 230 Forward ... Indianapolis, IN / Hutchinson Kan. CC
Steven Pledger ... 6-4, 212 Guard ... Chesapeake, VA (Atlantic Shores Christian School)
Carl Blair Jr. ... 6-2, 209 Guard ... Houston, TX / University of New Orleans
Sam Grooms ... 6-1, 200 Guard ... Greensboro, NC / Chipola College, FL

Sophomores
Cameron Clark ... 6-6, 189 Guard/Forward ... Sherman, TX (Sherman HS)
Tyler Neal ... 6-7, 215 Forward ... Oklahoma City (Putnam City West HS)
Calvin Newell Jr. ... 6-1, 193 Guard ... Philadelphia, PA (Strath Haven HS)

Freshmen
(None)

Walk-on Players
Barry Honoré ... Senior, 6-7, 258 Forward ... Garland, TX / Southern Univ.
T.J. Franklin ... Senior, 5-11, 177 Guard ... Fort Worth, TX North Crowley HS

Status Unknown
Kyle Hardrick ... Junior, 6-8, 212 Forward ... Oklahoma City (Putnam City HS)

:OUbball-logo:

I hope Kruger finds a High School kid to sign. I don't like our class imbalance.

Not that anyone cares about walk-ons, but you can add James Fraschilla (Freshman) to your list of walk-ons. Unless Kruger rescinded Capel's offer to walk-on.

I hope Kruger finds a High School kid to sign. I don't like our class imbalance.

Me neither! We are going to need to sign a bunch of kids next season...at least we have a chance at early PT to sell.

Having a big recruiting class in college basketball isnt a big deal. The only reason it was an issue for OU this year was because it included Nick Thompson (a low mid-major player), TJ Taylor (who never showed up), CJ Washington (a low mid-major player), and a couple of last second raw dudes in Tyler Neal and Calvin Newell.

Now, I dont have a problem with signing Newell and Neal. They are legit D1 players that just need some time to develop.

But look at the guys on scholarship for OU last season:
Nick Thompson
CJ Washington
Kyle Hardrick
TJ Taylor (no show)

Another example of a big class was the 2007 Kansas State class. They brought in 8 players, including: Michael Beasley, Bill Walker, Dominique Sutton, Jacob Pullen, Fred Brown, and Jamar Samuels. That class put KSU basketball on the map again.

No problem. I don't think you should pass on a good player because you will have more scholarships to fill 2 years down the road. A good coach with good recruiters will take care of that.

We really need to sign at least one HS kid. HS kids that stick around 4 years to develop usually end up being very solid players by the time they are seniors. Look no further than Austin Johnson, Cade Davis, David Godbold, and Longar Longar to see kids who were not highly recruited, but by the time they left OU were very strong players that just about any team in the country would like to have in their rotation.:tjfranklin

These mid major programs that make deep runs in the tourney are usually on the strength of seniors that have been in the program for four years. I know this late in the game it's a little dicey to find a legit D1 player, but if we could find another Tyler Neal at this point, I think we'll be glad to have him 4 years from now.

Not a good source but Hale said he didn't think they would sign anymore this spring. That they would concentrate on the next two classes.

Certainly don't want more than 6 juniors and not much else would help next season. So if nothing changes they can sign 4 next fall.

Do you take richardson if you dont get a big?

Back