>>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Gameday Thread<<<<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>>>>OU-TCU Gameday Thread<<<<<<<<<<

Looks like west virginia's season may be over. Staten out today with a big ice pack on his knee.

We have not played well the last four games. If this continues we will finish 20-10 with no momentum going into post season play.
We've won 8 of 9. Even if we split the next 2 that's finishing a tough conference winning 9 of 11. That's not bad momentum.

We won't win either game if only two players show up like the last few games.

It will take all five to win either game.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom.... All five starters with at least 8 points, four of them in double figures. Just beat a team that won 3 of its last 4 and was hanging with Kansas to the end in Lawrence for their only loss. Win by 7 in this league and you've done something right. Now, go to Ames and give it hell.

Thought a very good win, TCU always gives effort and theyre athletic. Just win, team showing a lot more maturity right now.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom.... All five starters with at least 8 points, four of them in double figures. Just beat a team that won 3 of its last 4 and was hanging with Kansas to the end in Lawrence for their only loss. Win by 7 in this league and you've done something right. Now, go to Ames and give it hell.
Not only that we played really solid the 2nd half. We played a horrible first half and really if we just played okay that half and were about even with TCU we win by 15 or so. We outscored TCU by 15 points the 2nd half.

We've won 8 of 9. Even if we split the next 2 that's finishing a tough conference winning 9 of 11. That's not bad momentum.

If we split. I'd be happy with that at this point the way we've been playing. I know we're capable of winning both when we play to our potential. We just don't seem to be playing where I'd hoped we would be this late in the season.

Also, this team needed to start winning close games..... It's finally doing that. I'm pretty sure OU until recently was 0 for games decided by 8 points or less. Good win

We have not played well the last four games. If this continues we will finish 20-10 with no momentum going into post season play.
If my aunt had a penis she'd be Bruce Jenner.

Not so much doom and gloom......but, OU has played the two cellar dwellers of the conference and won in OT on the road and the game was tied with two? minutes to play????

That's not going to cut it in Ames or against Kansas at home. We need to be more focused. Plenty of 50-50 balls going to TCU today.

Need to put this game behind us....learn that we have to come ready to play from the get-go!

jmo!;)

OU has played the two cellar dwellers of the conference and won in OT on the road and the game was tied with two? minutes to play????

That's not going to cut it in Ames or against Kansas at home.

Actually, it was with four minutes to go that the game was last tied today.

And KU beat this same TCU squad by 8 points in Lawrence exactly one week ago today. Is that going to cut it in Norman?

Some notes from AP article on the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hield-leads-no-16-oklahoma-past-tcu-212446889--ncaab.html

Oklahoma forwards Thomas and Spangler each played the last part of the first half with two fouls, but Spangler committed just one the rest of the way, and Thomas didn't commit any.

Oklahoma's bench scored just three points.

The Sooners made just 18 of 27 free throws.

Sooners could have played better, but still win. A win is a win is a win.

OU outscored TCU 39-24 in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Pretty good win. With all the whining about losing close games I guess Kruger is having them practice winning close games.

This conference is tough. We are now in second place by ourselves. West Virginia (trailing big) and Iowa State both lose.

TCU is no pushover. They have a good point guard and good inside man and the other players are solid.

I didn't think we were that lazy. Thought we were playing hard most of the time. Just had that cold spell when we missed some easy shots, probably took a few bad ones and didn't handle the ball well. We were strong after that outplaying a solid TCU team by around 20 points.

Concerned about Spangler. Seems worn down like last year. Could be that other teams are defending him tougher now. Our biggest weakness is our inside game so we need him to play strong.

We match up pretty well against Iowa State.But they will be tough in Des Moines. They like us, don't have a lot of bench and seem to wear down late. Also today against K-State they cooled off on their treys like they did against us in Norman. Possibly tiring legs are a factor.

We don't match up well against Kansas as we don't against teams with strong inside players. We get away with it against Texas because their inside players are not that good except for the freshman who could give us trouble if we play them again.

Will be interesting how we finish up. If we can get a split we will get at least a tie for second place.

Last edited:
Back