OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
from our friends at SoonerScoop

Moser

Last edited:
Thanks to Sooner Scoop and to you also for the posts. Sounds very optimistic by the players.
Sounds like Luke may surprise some of our posters.

Thanks to Sooner Scoop and to you also for the posts. Sounds very optimistic by the players.
Sounds like Luke may surprise some of our posters.

Yup, I have high hopes for him. Fluid athlete for his size, but will need to bulk up a little to get to his more natural position on defense...center.

Finally! A ray of hope from someone who has seen Luke Northweather play, says he is a baller who can do everything on the floor. “You guys are going to be surprised!”

Sam Godwin is confirming what I was saying several months ago when I asked on two occasions if a highly related recruit who would be coming off of a redshirt season had a chance to contribute? The “experts” here shot that idea down in a hurry!

I’m encouraged by what I have seen and heard in Boulder’s video report! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m excited about the season ahead!

BOOMER SOONER!!! :OUbball-logo:

Finally! A ray of hope from someone who has seen Luke Northweather play, says he is a baller who can do everything on the floor. “You guys are going to be surprised!”

Sam Godwin is confirming what I was saying several months ago when I asked on two occasions if a highly related recruit who would be coming off of a redshirt season had a chance to contribute? The “experts” here shot that idea down in a hurry!

I’m encouraged by what I have seen and heard in Boulder’s video report! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m excited about the season ahead!

So something that a teammate said in front of cameras is proof? Come on Ada, you're smarter than that. These media sessions are always the same, for every team, every year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with players and coaches putting a positive spin on things, but it's pretty much meaningless. I mean, can you ever remember a time when a player or coach has said, "you know, so-and-so really doesn't look very good, he will probably not contribute much"? If offseason comments were gospel, Bam would have been throwing down dunks and making athletic plays last season, Hill would have been knocking down threes, and the brothers Grove would have taken a big leap from the previous year.

I really wish the reporters had followed up on Cole's status. That type of info is about the only useful stuff that can come out of these media sessions. Otherwise, it is just a lot of talk about how everyone has gotten stronger and more athletic. I don't think Luke is any less of a mystery today than he was before these comments.

I did note Moser's comments about the team's length and athleticism, and I think it's clear that he emphasized that in recruiting. That's encouraging, though it remains to be seen how skilled guys like Soares and Moore are, and whether we actually take advantage of the athleticism. I also thought it was interesting that he referred to those two guys as wings.

Very encouraging update from the big man from Ada! Loved hearing about Hugley/Northweather and the athleticism and fast-paced style change

Very encouraging update from the big man from Ada! Loved hearing about Hugley/Northweather and the athleticism and fast-paced style change

Its all talk right now.. but im loving the talk that I'm hearing. :chestram2:

So something that a teammate said in front of cameras is proof? Come on Ada, you're smarter than that. These media sessions are always the same, for every team, every year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with players and coaches putting a positive spin on things, but it's pretty much meaningless. I mean, can you ever remember a time when a player or coach has said, "you know, so-and-so really doesn't look very good, he will probably not contribute much"? If offseason comments were gospel, Bam would have been throwing down dunks and making athletic plays last season, Hill would have been knocking down threes, and the brothers Grove would have taken a big leap from the previous year.

I really wish the reporters had followed up on Cole's status. That type of info is about the only useful stuff that can come out of these media sessions. Otherwise, it is just a lot of talk about how everyone has gotten stronger and more athletic. I don't think Luke is any less of a mystery today than he was before these comments.

I did note Moser's comments about the team's length and athleticism, and I think it's clear that he emphasized that in recruiting. That's encouraging, though it remains to be seen how skilled guys like Soares and Moore are, and whether we actually take advantage of the athleticism. I also thought it was interesting that he referred to those two guys as wings.

So, if I take the word of someone like you who refuses to admit you have a personal agenda and ignore what an intelligent, honest young man I happen to know personally had to say, that makes me smart? Gotcha!

So, if I take the word of someone like you who refuses to admit you have a personal agenda and ignore what an intelligent, honest young man I happen to know personally had to say, that makes me smart? Gotcha!

When have I asked you to take my word on anything? I could not care less what you think of me.

I'm glad that Godwin has the Ada seal of approval as intelligent and honest. I also notice that, like usual, you can't dispute my points, which is that preseason is always full of glowing talk from every team. So, instead, you take a shot at my "personal agenda." My agenda is this: I want the basketball program to not continue sinking.

When have I asked you to take my word on anything? I could not care less what you think of me.

I'm glad that Godwin has the Ada seal of approval as intelligent and honest. I also notice that, like usual, you can't dispute my points, which is that preseason is always full of glowing talk from every team. So, instead, you take a shot at my "personal agenda." My agenda is this: I want the basketball program to not continue sinking.

Wichita, dude, take a breather. Im sure all are aware that there is pre-season puffery. That said, even if the board takes the bait hook, line, and sinker and then the year is a disaster, isnt that okay? Who cares? Most messageboards do that.. see OU football board pre-2022 season. Why is it your quest to go so hard and dash all hopes? I'm sure you could remind everyone to keep their perspectives in check without going full-nuclear

Wichita, dude, take a breather. Im sure all are aware that there is pre-season puffery. That said, even if the board takes the bait hook, line, and sinker and then the year is a disaster, isnt that okay? Who cares? Most messageboards do that.. see OU football board pre-2022 season. Why is it your quest to go so hard and dash all hopes? I'm sure you could remind everyone to keep their perspectives in check without going full-nuclear

This. It's gotten to where I read a post like Ada's and think, "Uh oh, here comes Wichita." And sure enough, there you are--virtually every time.

Why not put it in neutral for a few weeks? The team is set; we have our players. Adopting a wait-and-see attitude won't hurt for a while; you can always shift back into Moser-bashing gear if and when the team disappoints.

I think it's time to ban Kevin Kruger's burner account.

This. It's gotten to where I read a post like Ada's and think, "Uh oh, here comes Wichita." And sure enough, there you are--virtually every time.

Why not put it in neutral for a few weeks? The team is set; we have our players. Adopting a wait-and-see attitude won't hurt for a while; you can always shift back into Moser-bashing gear if and when the team disappoints.

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board. How awful of me.

Tell you what, I’ll just stop posting. I’ll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.

Tell you what, I’ll just stop posting. I’ll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.

Thank you

Promise?

Back