OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

So something that a teammate said in front of cameras is proof? Come on Ada, you're smarter than that. These media sessions are always the same, for every team, every year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with players and coaches putting a positive spin on things, but it's pretty much meaningless. I mean, can you ever remember a time when a player or coach has said, "you know, so-and-so really doesn't look very good, he will probably not contribute much"? If offseason comments were gospel, Bam would have been throwing down dunks and making athletic plays last season, Hill would have been knocking down threes, and the brothers Grove would have taken a big leap from the previous year.

I really wish the reporters had followed up on Cole's status. That type of info is about the only useful stuff that can come out of these media sessions. Otherwise, it is just a lot of talk about how everyone has gotten stronger and more athletic. I don't think Luke is any less of a mystery today than he was before these comments.

I did note Moser's comments about the team's length and athleticism, and I think it's clear that he emphasized that in recruiting. That's encouraging, though it remains to be seen how skilled guys like Soares and Moore are, and whether we actually take advantage of the athleticism. I also thought it was interesting that he referred to those two guys as wings.

True, but instead of saying something bad they say something like "he is plugging away" "working hard" "watch out when his body matures" "learning the game" "adjusting to the D1 level."

Sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board. How awful of me.

Tell you what, I’ll just stop posting. I’ll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.

I'd just like to commend WS for actually sticking to this.

But I am curious on your thoughts so far this year?

I'm guessing something like this: "Obviously it has been a great start to the season. But it is fools gold. We are athletic but our guys aren't skilled and that will be used against us in conference play. We turn the ball over way to often and that is going to bite us. By the end of the year, we will be back at the same place wondering how we fell off so quickly.

Oh and Lukeweather sucks"

I'd just like to commend WS for actually sticking to this.

But I am curious on your thoughts so far this year?

I'm guessing something like this: "Obviously it has been a great start to the season. But it is fools gold. We are athletic but our guys aren't skilled and that will be used against us in conference play. We turn the ball over way to often and that is going to bite us. By the end of the year, we will be back at the same place wondering how we fell off so quickly.

Oh and Lukeweather sucks"

Lame post is lame. Also way to count your chickens before they've hatched. You better have knocked on wood posting this before we have secured anything yet this year

Lame post is lame. Also way to count your chickens before they've hatched. You better have knocked on wood posting this before we have secured anything yet this year

where did I count my chickens? I made no predictions

Its implied and is the sole reason for your victory lap post. Eyes on the prize man

No it really isn't. I made the post for multiple reasons. One being to give WS props for actually sticking to his promise of not posting. Another to show that he was wrong in calling this season a disaster. Of course it isn't over yet. But anyone with a brain would call this season an absolute success.

I fully support Wichita's right to post whatever he wants about OU basketball. I also believe he's an insufferable troll.

His negativity was over the top but I think Wichita is happy about the season somewhere. I think he would give credit where it is due.

If the wheels come off, I have little doubt Wichita returns to celebrate. He's got a brutal personality disorder. He's also very sensitive, so he wouldn't be able to handle other posters rubbing it in if this season ends with as much success as it has started.

If he were here, he would talk about all the great nonconference seasons Lon had. He'd also be talking about Jalen Hill's 40% shooting from 3 and how Moore scored a combined 2 points against Arkansas and Providence.

If the wheels come off, I have little doubt Wichita returns to celebrate. He's got a brutal personality disorder. He's also very sensitive, so he wouldn't be able to handle other posters rubbing it in if this season ends with as much success as it has started.

If he were here, he would talk about all the great nonconference seasons Lon had. He'd also be talking about Jalen Hill's 40% shooting from 3 and how Moore scored a combined 2 points against Arkansas and Providence.

Nailed it! We’ve got a winner!!!

Wichita has been on the board a number of times lately, but he will predictably wait until the team loses a game or two before he decides to post again!

Tiny is right, WS is happy about the wins. He just doesn’t like to be so wrong about Moser and the players he brought in!

Back