OU vs #5 Baylor 2 pm CST on ESPN+

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET] https://twitter.com/ou_mbball/status/1484918846527967233?s=21[/TWEET]
NORMAN – (RV/RV) Oklahoma (12-4, 2-2 Big 12) hosts its second team AP top 10 foe in a week when the Sooners welcome No. 5 Baylor (16-2, 4-2 Big 12) to Lloyd Noble Center Saturday, Jan. 22.

OU hosted No. 7 Kansas Tuesday, Jan. 18 and narrowly pulled an upset over the Jayhawks, who won 67-64. The Sooners caught fire in the second half and tallied a 20-2 run to take the lead from KU, but a timely 3-pointer at the end gave Kansas the advantage late.

Jordan Goldwire led the Sooners with a career-high 15 points and tallied the final eight OU points. Umoja Gibson added 11 points and Jalen Hill 10.

Doors to the arena open one hour before tip and the Lloyd Noble Center's clear-bag policy is in effect.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/1/21/mens-basketball-sooners-bears-clash-saturday-in-norman.aspx

Last edited:
CJ wont be available I am told.

that is a bummer ... .down two of the 9 man rotation is rough ..

wonder if Moser will give Mason a little run and see how it goes ..

Last edited:
They need to proofread their copy a little better. We did not narrowly pull an upset over the Jayhawks. Would have been nice.

Not ideal to be down two key reserves, but Baylor was missing their leading scorer and another rotation place in their last game. Don’t know if either is expected back tomorrow, but regardless, we will have to play very well to win.

My prediction is that we battle once again but lose a close one. We don’t have the athletes that Baylor has and missing Chargois and Noland is big for us no matter who Baylor is missing, if anyone. Mawein played well last game but his lack of scoring ability and few mistakes on D will add up just enough. This is assuming T Groves plays better than he did against KU. Guards are also going to be very tired and worry about Baylor offensive rebounds again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Groves has been living off that KU game in the tournament game last season.
It's time to show if he has what it takes on a game-to-game basis at this higher level. Wonder without that 1 game if OU would have pursued the Groves brothers.

T Groves has been living off that KU game in the tournament game last season.
It's time to show if he has what it takes on a game-to-game basis at this higher level. Wonder without that 1 game if OU would have pursued the Groves brothers.

Dude leads us in points and is second in boards. Before Covid, he was scoring 15 ppg and shooting over 40 percent from three. I don’t think that’s living off one game. I think the only people disappointed in him are people who had wildly unrealistic expectations.

Dude leads us in points and is second in boards. Before Covid, he was scoring 15 ppg and shooting over 40 percent from three. I don’t think that’s living off one game. I think the only people disappointed in him are people who had wildly unrealistic expectations.

If he could make a basket, we would’ve beat ku. When he plays poorly, and he has for several games now, we lose. I don’t expect him to score 35 a night but I do expect him to play well. His slump is coinciding with our losing streak.

If he could make a basket, we would’ve beat ku. When he plays poorly, and he has for several games now, we lose. I don’t expect him to score 35 a night but I do expect him to play well. His slump is coinciding with our losing streak.

Which is also coinciding with more COVID.

No one player (or even two) is responsible, in my view -- we are slumping as a team.

Tanner Groves needs 18+ and we need Jalen Hill to have 15+

We need to win this game bad! Hope the LNC is packed and loud.

Yes, it's blame the better players for losses by the team. It's a team game, football analogy, no running game makes the quarterback struggle, blame the QB.

I like TGroves. I love the fact that he gives so much effort. He's better than most of the stiffs we've had the previous 4/5 years, but that's not saying much. Should OU have the ability to recruit guys in his position with much more talent, physicality, and athletic ability? Why, hell yes they should. Do I think Moser will? Sure(I hope). Will I support TGroves completely and totally for the rest of his OU career? Absolutely.

I am looking forward to seeing what Moser can do in the world of Big recruiting. His first class of guards, pretty salty...

I like TGroves. I love the fact that he gives so much effort. He's better than most of the stiffs we've had the previous 4/5 years, but that's not saying much. Should OU have the ability to recruit guys in his position with much more talent, physicality, and athletic ability? Why, hell yes they should. Do I think Moser will? Sure(I hope). Will I support TGroves completely and totally for the rest of his OU career? Absolutely.

I am looking forward to seeing what Moser can do in the world of Big recruiting. His first class of guards, pretty salty...

It’s interesting to see how much disappointment there has been in Groves compared to the nonstop love Spangler got. Groves is a much better scorer and shooter. Spangler was a better rebounder, but also struggled when he was asked to bang against bigger, better athletes, and his production also dipped late in seasons. I actually thought about him the other night when Tanner turned down a couple open threes because Spangler did that a lot in his career. He would shoot open threes in blowouts against bad teams, but rarely had the confidence to shoot them in big moments.

Groves is in a three-game slump. Three games. He is never going to be a guy who can physically dominate. That’s just not who he is. But he is a fairly skilled big man who shoots it well and passes well. I can guarantee that if a team we played had a big scoring 14 per game and making a higher percentage of his threes than most our guards, people would be begging to have a guy like that on our team.

Tanner needs to be better, no question. Same is true for almost all our guys. He needs to see a couple early shots go through the net so he can get out of his own head.

Tanner is not a much better shooter than Spangler. He shoots more often -- 9 attempts per game to Spangler's 7 -- but his shooting percentage this season is 55% from the field, 35% from deep; in his three seasons at OU, Spangler averaged 57% and 34%.

Tanner is not a much better shooter than Spangler. He shoots more often -- 9 attempts per game to Spangler's 7 -- but his shooting percentage this season is 55% from the field, 35% from deep; in his three seasons at OU, Spangler averaged 57% and 34%.

Come on Sky, look at the amount of threes they both shot. Spangler didn’t shoot nearly as many, and was nowhere close to the threat Groves is. Their FT percentages also show it is no contest. Spangler was a better rebounder and defender and a very good Sooner, but from a shooting standpoint, Tanner is a big step ahead. I just find it interesting that one was so beloved and the other is having people question if he even belongs in the Big 12.

I would take Spangler over Groves any day of the week. That’s not a knock on Groves btw.

Back