OU vs UCLA game thread.

Turnovers on the first two trips down the floor. Ugh.

Aaryn with 3 3's and Morgan with a 2. Sooners lead 11-8. 4 turnovers early though.

Early issues so far are turnovers and rebounds. Don't type fast enough to do a play by play, but 13-12 Sooners with 14 left.

7 turnovers so far. We've got to adjust to how physical the game is. 15 all, Sharane at the line after the under 12 time out.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for Aaryn and Whitney; 5 3's between them(Aaryn with 4). Nicole is 0-4 from the line with zero points so far. 23-23 with UCLA shooting an and 1.

Whitney is playing awesome defense. 25-23 UCLA; I think we have 12 or 13 turnovers now.

So, Aaryn has 6 3's and is 2-2 from the line for 20 points. Without that we're getting blown out. 37-36 UCLA at halftime.

Just caught the last six minutes but we looked okay. Seems as if the sloppiness from last year is still there. UCLA is tough inside so i hope we can push back. I didn't get to see the new girls so i'm looking forward to the second half.

We've had some bright spots, though the sloppiness gets a bit frustrating. I was pretty impressed with the way we closed the half; they were a made shot away from a double digit lead, and seemed to have all the momentum. Aaryn has played out of her mind so far.

This has been an athletic mismatch!! Once again too many turnovers... same song different year. Not physical or athletic enough to keep them off the offensive boards.

We better start rebounding and taking care of the ball in a hurry. They're about to run us out of the gym if we don't turn things around.

Right now, we just don't look like a very tough team. We'll need to find some toughness before conference starts.

The only player we have that can remotely match up athletically is Campbell. Unfortunately from the signing class we brought in I expect this trend to continue....

I'd bet two dozen second chances for them. Did we try to recruit Brewer? If we didn't then shame on us.

Now Ucla must have 85 offensive rebounds. wonder which one of our coaches teaches rebounding? Looks like none of them.

Back