OU vs UCLA game thread.

How could there not be any room for Brewer to transfer to OU? When was the last time we had 15 players on ou roster? That is how many endowed scholarships we have. I guess I am too lazy to look it up, but has Coale ever taken a transfer from another Division 1 program?

I guess there was a time when we had all of the ships allocated but I can't recall specifically a time in the last couple of years when that was true. IF she wanted to transfer to OU it blows my mind why she wasn't welcomed with open arms!

Went back and checked it out, and it seems like she would have been at OU last season with the team… at the time we had Katherine Zander, DaShawn Harden, Jacqueline Jeffcoat on roster, and commitments from Maddie Manning and Nicole Kornet, and Courtney Walker I believe witch would have put us at 15.

Went back and checked it out, and it seems like she would have been at OU last season with the team… at the time we had Katherine Zander, DaShawn Harden, Jacqueline Jeffcoat on roster, and commitments from Maddie Manning and Nicole Kornet, and Courtney Walker I believe witch would have put us at 15.

Courtney Walker decommitted from Oklahoma mid-2010 I believe. I dont know where OKlahoma's scholarship count was. But if you think Courtney Walker is a reason, that can't be true.

Courtney Walker decommitted from Oklahoma mid-2010 I believe. I dont know where OKlahoma's scholarship count was. But if you think Courtney Walker is a reason, that can't be true.

then it would have been a roster of 14 and Ou should have had room for her...

That Jo jaw injury was such a bad one and it took her so long to recover, I frankly fear she's lost her toughness (which can be expected with an injury like that).

I just don't think she's going to come out of her funk.

I'd say it's time to start Sharane, who again last night made things happen, particularly in the second half when everyone else had checked out.

Well I don't see any big on our team/bench/MASH unit that should be playing ahead of her. If this is true then it's on the coach.

How could there not be any room for Brewer to transfer to OU? When was the last time we had 15 players on ou roster? That is how many endowed scholarships we have. I guess I am too lazy to look it up, but has Coale ever taken a transfer from another Division 1 program?
The last time we had 15 players on the roster when the Media Guide was printed was 2001-02, which happens to be the same season Theresa Schuknecht transferred in and sat out the season, having played her freshman and sophomore years at Arizona State. She started 24/32 games at OU as a senior. However, her transfer wasn't straight from ASU, as she had played at Southern Nazerene between her stints in D-1.

If Brewer was interested in transferring to OU and we turned her down, I seriously doubt that scholarship limits were the reason. I'm just speculating, but she may have burned some bridges when she decided not to come here as a freshman.

I seem to recall one or more posts on this board at the time she announced that she was leaving Tennessee. The tenor of those posts was that we would be silly to give up 2 years of scholarship to get a player for one year when that player was an overweight underachiever with an obvious attitude problem. Not saying that those posters were correct, but maybe not wrong either.

If Brewer was interested in transferring to OU and we turned her down, I seriously doubt that scholarship limits were the reason. I'm just speculating, but she may have burned some bridges when she decided not to come here as a freshman.

I seem to recall one or more posts on this board at the time she announced that she was leaving Tennessee. The tenor of those posts was that we would be silly to give up 2 years of scholarship to get a player for one year when that player was an overweight underachiever with an obvious attitude problem. Not saying that those posters were correct, but maybe not wrong either.

Well that overweight, underacheiver with obvious attitude problems pushed our guys all over the court and basically had here way with them.

Back