OUHoops.com Special: Cam Clark and TJ Taylor

Henzo

Reaction score
Players on your favorite team often become fan favorites at a very early stage. Often times there is one particular statement or one specific act that becomes a catapult to a love affair between fans and that player. When it comes to future Sooners, there may be no more beloved duo in recent Sooner history than the northern Texas future Sooner duo of T.J. Taylor and Cam Clark.

Link: OUHoops.com Special

camtjbig-1.jpg

Outside of Barnes, I think Clark has the best pro potential of anybody we're recruiting.

I love Taylor's game. Man he looks like Nolan Johnson out there but with better quickness. Love the beefy guards, especially lefties.

I love Taylor's game. Man he looks like Nolan Johnson out there but with better quickness. Love the beefy guards, especially lefties.

The amazing thing is that he still looks quick with that bum ankle. I hope he is able to get it back close to 100% at some point during this season. I know it will be tough when he has to continually play on it.

Looked like both of them really have to carry their teams.

The amazing thing is that he still looks quick with that bum ankle. I hope he is able to get it back close to 100% at some point during this season. I know it will be tough when he has to continually play on it.

Looked like both of them really have to carry their teams.

He had a bum ankle on those highlights? I thought that was from last year.

He had a bum ankle on those highlights? I thought that was from last year.

No they were from this past weekend. Like he said in the interview, it is still a ways from being 100% healed.

Man TJ looks good....I think he will have a chance to start at the 2 spot next year regardless if we sign lamb or not...im not sure lamb can start over tj....real impressed with the video...he seemed calm with the ball in his hand and we all know about his lock down capability...plus it might help having lamb come off the bench for an offensive spark

this just goes to show that a big man is the most important commit....we already have two solid guards, would love a couple more though

Great stuff Henzo...thanks for all the hard work. This is my favorite type of article...I love getting a feel for the type of guys coming into the program. I showed the video to my wife and she fell in love with them (she called them cute about 50 times). I know everyone always obsesses over the guys who haven't committed (I'm guilty), but its nice to be reminded of the guys who are already headed to Norman.

Anyway, thanks again...

Man TJ has a nice haircut, maybe he'll put an OU into it once he gets in Norman.

Thank you for the report and video. It's nice that both players were in the same tourney. I also wondered if the video was from last year; TJ looked pretty good to me. Both players should make an impact on the OU program!

Definitely love it Henzo.

What do you think Cam has to do to get that 5th star and an invitation to the McD's AA game? I feel like he is starting to really dominate, and I guess he just needs to have a great senior season? Getting more video like this out there definitely can't hurt him...

Cam reminds me of a smaller version of Carmello when he was in college- smooth.

TJ's got some nice moves and a nice shot and like someone said, I prefer the beefier guards.

It will be interesting to see if TJ gets time at the point. He looks in-control enough to run some offense and spell TMG, plus made some crisp passes to cutters in the video. OU's lineup would run big in that case, I imagine, with TJ on the floor at 6'3 and someone at least Cade's size at the 2. He's got the size to be an NBA point if he refines his skill set -- right now he looks like a raw, lefty version of Deron Williams.

Cam is seriously, disgustingly sick and that's all I have to say about that.

Props to Henzo, BT, tomkar and sam for great interviews (video and written) as well as some top notch videos. Outstanding job, guys!!! :clap

As for T. J. and Cam, I'm even more impressed now that I have watched those highlights. Looks OU is off to a terrific start in recruiting for 2010!

Back