Practice Report

Was Kyle Hardrick out there? If so, how did he look?

He was out there, but didn't do anything at all. I think he's the 6th post (thompson, fitz, cj, barry and abdul) on this team, I would say even Tyler Neal would get the call before him in the post.

that is a quality post

Well I dont know why people ask about him. He cant get on the floor ahead of a bunch of average JUCO transfers. He will not contribute, he is just taking a scholarship. He may be a good kid and good student, but hes not a high level D1 bb player.

i was being serious.. the kid is a bum i dont think he'd start anywhere besides tiny tiny NAIA colleges..

i was being serious.. the kid is a bum i dont think he'd start anywhere besides tiny tiny NAIA colleges..

Really? You're comfortable calling a college kid who represents our university a bum? I'm not saying you're wrong about his skills, but surely there's a less insulting and demeaning way to communicate your disappointment.

I would go one farther and say that anyone who talks trash about OU players just based on their skill level is a bum. Is Hardrick good at basketball? No. God no he's not. So? There have been thousands upon thousands of players who were on scholarship at a high level D1 but never made an impact in actual games. At OU and everywhere else. The problem isn't the guy on the end of the bench taking up a schollie, but that our top 9-10 schollie players don't appear ready to compete and excel against the top 68 college teams in the country, YET. But every season's a marathon, keep a little good ole fashioned Okie faith.

Don't hate a guy because he's taking up a spot, he didn't steal the spot. Capel gave it to him, and he's a part of this team. This early in the season, every player counts for practice and team building. From what we've heard all these guys, players, coaches and staff have been preparing their butts off to get ready for this new season.

I would hope you would support who we are. Not who we are not. These 15 individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 30+ nights for the next 6 months, to represent you, this university. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team. [Coach Norman Dale steps off podium]

I would go one farther and say that anyone who talks trash about OU players just based on their skill level is a bum. Is Hardrick good at basketball? No. God no he's not. So? There have been thousands upon thousands of players who were on scholarship at a high level D1 but never made an impact in actual games. At OU and everywhere else. The problem isn't the guy on the end of the bench taking up a schollie, but that our top 9-10 schollie players don't appear ready to compete and excel against the top 68 college teams in the country, YET. But every season's a marathon, keep a little good ole fashioned Okie faith.

Don't hate a guy because he's taking up a spot, he didn't steal the spot. Capel gave it to him, and he's a part of this team. This early in the season, every player counts for practice and team building. From what we've heard all these guys, players, coaches and staff have been preparing their butts off to get ready for this new season.

I would hope you would support who we are. Not who we are not. These 15 individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line 30+ nights for the next 6 months, to represent you, this university. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team. [Coach Norman Dale steps off podium]

:clap:clap:clap:clap

I wasn't at all impressed with Thompson's defense, blocking out or rebounding. I can understand him looking and playing a bit lost, but I'm anxious to see Washington in action. Defense and rebounding I think are our two most important needs.
Thanks for the report.

j2d2,

Funny how two people can both watch the same sporting event but come away with opposite opinions. I thought Thompson's blocking out during the exhibition game was pretty darn good.

I think Nick will be fine. Capel mentioned that he was pressing and a bit overwhelmed during his first game. I think he (like many first year JUCOs) is going to require some time to get in the groove of D1, but I bet he will be one our better overall players by season's end.

Back