Ouhoops=ouinsider?

I guess sometimes I can't help but think that there are people that are true "fans" of a team, but they get no real enjoyment out of just watching them play [and in last nights case, win]. Unfortunately, talk radio and message boards [as well as the obscene abounts of money that a coach makes these days] are contributing to this mentality more and more I think.

It is a shame really, becuase the beauty of sports isn't just the winning, but also the adversity that you have to overcome from defeat...my favorite part of last night was OU could have easily tanked it in OT becuase they have not handled adversity very well at all this season, but then something happened and they flat out WANTED it more than the other guys and it showed. Tiny "showing out" the "OKLAHOMA" on national television was the payoff for me after watching some crap games earlier in the season.

I don't know, I guess you could view the win last night as "we should have won in regulation", "Willie is still lazy and has bad body language" or "the other guys handed us the game" but maybe you could give our coach some credit for motivating his players down the stretch, or give Tiny some credit for grabbing an obscene amount of boards, admire Cade Davis and his hustle, get fired up over two freshmen hitting big threes down the stretch and recognize that WW gave enough effort to render himself stretched out on the court with cramps. That is what I saw, and I for one was proud as heck of those kids.

Sad that in a season filled with so many negatives to this point, when something positive does happen you can't just enjoy it.

Off my soapbox! LOL!

So you think I know the game?!?

:)

I get what you are saying. I've just been around long enough to know that every board turns that way at some point. As long as that talk doesn't take over the discussions, I think you kind of have to ignore it.
Yep, that's what I try to do but I would still prefer to see less of it.

Absolutely, you know the game.

Norm

P.S.: I will PM you my address to send the check. :)

this (and senseless bashing) is really the kind of stuff I am talking about. No need for it.

That is what I was talking about also

I agree with you guys, and that stuff will not be tolerated on here. Please use the report feature to help point out those types of posts in the future.

Greg

Yep, that's what I try to do but I would still prefer to see less of it.

Absolutely, you know the game.

Norm

P.S.: I will PM you my address to send the check. :)

The problem with ignoring it, is that it re-enforces the idea that it is acceptable. If it is deemed acceptable, it will become more common, to the detriment of the whole board.

I see this team doing pretty well at home and stumbling on the road, I think they will look like jekyl-hyde all year.

The problem with ignoring it, is that it re-enforces the idea that it is acceptable. If it is deemed acceptable, it will become more common, to the detriment of the whole board.
When I said "I try to ignore it", I mean right after a loss some of the over the top comments are to be expected. I just don't think there is any way to police that and it is up to Greg and others to make the detemination if it should be policed, or at least attempted.

I think what bothers me the most is when posters go on an on post after post and thread after thread and say essentially the same thing. If you say "so and so had a really bad game because he did this and this but didn't do that and that" that should be pretty much enough in my opinion. We heard you the first time. It really isn't necessary to keep repeating the same criticism. Too much of the same criticisms then crosses the line into bashing IMHO. I know that Greg wants to allow people to voice their opinions and until it crosses the line, I know he doesn't want to get involved with normal discussions, even if those discussions are negative. He does however, want to avoid player, recruit, coach, team bashing.

That said, each of you can help. If you see a post that in your opinion is over the top, click the "Report" button and let those in charge know so they can check into the problem.

I just want to say that 99% of you guys are doing a great job of posting and everyone appreciates your input. This is a great board and that's true because of each of you.

I really like this board. As far as I can tell we've had an indepth discussion about the pros and cons of this team, it's Coach and players. The discussion imho has been for the most part very constructive.

Back