Our team goes as Willie Warren goes...

NickZepp

Reaction score
If he is shooting(and missing) 10 3s a game, turning it over a bunch, and just not playing well. We won't play well enough to beat most teams in college basketball. But if he plays well we may not lose to anyone.

We need Willie to play better, but good team defense would help even more tonight. It always starts with defense.

We need Willie to play better, but good team defense would help even more tonight. It always starts with defense.

I don't disagree but we'll play better D as the season goes on. We can't have Willie play bad games or we'll have a lot more results like this one.

willie is not ready for the nba! he needs to comeback

One game doesn't say that. He'll have more games where he's amazing and too good for the college game. Tonight he is out of it.

Took the words out of my mouth... It doesnt matter if Willie scores 30 a night if we dont start valuing possessions and learn to play some good team defense, especially inside the paint. We re not gonna win a lot of games nor likely any against top flight teams.

Yes this team has talent but I dont see Blake Griffin on the floor so everyone has to work together to make this team as good as it can be.

We certainly didn't play good defense.

However, Willie never has been and I don't think ever will be a guy who can reliably take a game over for us offensively. If we are counting on that this year, then I think we'll be disappointed. He just can't shoot well enough.

The other freshmen need to grow a bit and be consistent, supplementary contributors.

The defense wasn't very good. On offense you had a bunch of quick shots from long range that missed. It looked like a young team that has a lot to learn.

OU lost because they did not play college level defense.

this.

WW's problem was he was erratic with the dribble and took poor shots. He was out of control, but at the same time, didn't play with alot of energy. That's a bad combination.

We certainly didn't play good defense.

However, Willie never has been and I don't think ever will be a guy who can reliably take a game over for us offensively. If we are counting on that this year, then I think we'll be disappointed. He just can't shoot well enough.

The other freshmen need to grow a bit and be consistent, supplementary contributors.

the stats from last season say that you are wrong

Back