Pat Forde's: Top 25 Most Intriguing Coaches for 2012-2013 Season

Chaser728

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...ntriguing-coaches-for-the-2012-13-season.html

I think this is a fun read and gets me very excited about College Hoops! And I will admit that I am probably being a sensitive fan here... But I am quite a bit shocked that Lon was not included in this list...

I would like your honest opinions on this article. Do you think the reason for Lon's ommission is either: 1. The Sooners failure and drop for relevancy or 2. The Media's lack of research and credibility?

I for One would have to lean towards #2. The media guys who have spent any time watching the Sooners have seemed to be impressed by them and think they have at least an outside shot at making the tourney. And all of them agree, that Lon will right the ship. Why then, would he be left off of this list? which leads me to conclude that this list is all about the coaches, and not necessarily the team they coach. It makes sense to me when the team, as a whole, is left off of lists and preseason predictions. I get that, but we are talking about Lon "Freaking" Kruger, here! Even Danny Manning of Tulsa is on this list... Come on Forde, do your homework, and give the man his due!

Last edited:
A little of both perhaps.

Forde's list is all too predictable. He named the head coaches of perennial top twenty teams, and then added a handful of truly "intriguing" coaches to make the article somewhat interesting.

I mean, what is so intriguing about Calipari, Williams, Beoheim, Petino, Brown, Huggins, Crean, Self, Coach K and a dozen more on his list? It's not like his readers don't know what to expect from proven coaches who have been around for years.

Guess I don't get why Forde used that word in his title, but only included a few coaches, among them Manning and Ollie, who fit that category. I agree, though, Kruger should have been on his list.

Totally agree, Ada. It reads like a list that could have been released 4 seasons ago with little alteration.

Personally, I am glad coach Kruger isn't on that list...

I think the LAST thing that should surprise anyone is Lon Kruger succeeding at yet another stop... and the next thing that shouldn't surprise anyone is OU getting back to relevance.

The last thing I want coach Kruger to be is "intriguing." At the end of the year I want people to say it's just Lon being Lon.

Personally, I am glad coach Kruger isn't on that list...

I think the LAST thing that should surprise anyone is Lon Kruger succeeding at yet another stop... and the next thing that shouldn't surprise anyone is OU getting back to relevance.

The last thing I want coach Kruger to be is "intriguing." At the end of the year I want people to say it's just Lon being Lon.

:clap Well said!

Back