PG Question for recruiting experts

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
It seems that Ray McCallum is the last known PG recruit that we are targeting. I know there was talk about Jelani Hewitt, but haven't heard alot about him lately. I know there are PGs that OU is after that we don't know about. My fear is we may be closer to talking about Kendall Durant than I want to.:eek:

It seems that Ray McCallum is the last known PG recruit that we are targeting. I know there was talk about Jelani Hewitt, but haven't heard alot about him lately. I know there are PGs that OU is after that we don't know about. My fear is we may be closer to talking about Kendall Durant than I want to.:eek:

Honestly (and Henzo may disagree), I think it is McCallum or nobody for OU at this point. Ray is unique in that he and TMG could actually work very well together in the same starting line up. I am not sure the same could be said for Releford or Pressey or Franklin..... Don't forget that TJ Taylor is a combo guard, so if we strike out of Ray Jr (I certainly hope not), then its not like we HAVE to get a pg.

This is just speculation on my part but I think if we got Lamb he could see some time running the offense. Because he doesn't have great size (6'4 and he's on the skinny side) for a NBA two and right now lacks a long range game ala Willie or Ben Gordon I think he could be looking to transition to the point some.

This is just speculation on my part but I think if we got Lamb he could see some time running the offense. Because he doesn't have great size (6'4 and he's on the skinny side) for a NBA two and right now lacks a long range game ala Willie or Ben Gordon I think he could be looking to transition to the point some.

He could and it would be a recruiting tool that UK and KU can't offer because they're recruiting Selby and Knight. Lamb is closer to Selby and Knight as a player than he is to Clark, Barnes, and Zeigler.

Back