Pledger not getting enough love...

pnkranger

Reaction score
...played 38 minutes -- 18 minutes over his season average. Scored 10 points, grabbed 5 TOUGH rebounds, 0 turnovers, and hit 2 clutch free throws. Not to mention the drive that led to the free throws.

He's not the quickest guy around, but he's got a lot of tools to use. His basketball IQ is high.

Plus he limited his mistakes today which given his lack of playing time as a young true freshman vs the aggressive and tough Missouri defense was big. Playing time like today for Steve is going to pay off big next year when he has to play a bigger role.

Great job today Steve!

I think this will pay off later in the Big 12 this year. We'll have foul trouble...Cade or Crocker will be off at times. I think Pledger got a good dose today that he can impact the game without shooting lights out.

True, I am just hoping we can catch some good luck and stay away from injuries and foul trouble based on our lack of depth this season.

...played 38 minutes -- 18 minutes over his season average. Scored 10 points, grabbed 5 TOUGH rebounds, 0 turnovers, and hit 2 clutch free throws. Not to mention the drive that led to the free throws.

He's not the quickest guy around, but he's got a lot of tools to use. His basketball IQ is high.

His best game. He evolved. He became more than just a spot up shooter. He needs to continue to evolve.

I was unsure about him before today, but I thought he really played well.

Getting more games with 20 plus minutes will only help him improve his game and comfort level, like it did today. Sure he got burned a couple of times in man defense, but he was really very solid defensively for most of the day against quicker guards.

Worst case scenario, I think we've got a very good 6th man. He just needs to continue getting extended minutes.

I was unsure about him before today, but I thought he really played well.

Getting more games with 20 plus minutes will only help him improve his game and comfort level, like it did today. Sure he got burned a couple of times in man defense, but he was really very solid defensively for most of the day against quicker guards.

Worst case scenario, I think we've got a very good 6th man. He just needs to continue getting extended minutes.

this.

The more minutes he gets, the better adjusted he'll become. It's not like he's a guy like Keiton Page and can't do things defensively, he just needs to work on technique and footwork. In the off season when he builds up some footspeed, he'll be on par.

Agreed. Steven had a very nice game yesterday. You could just see his confidence grow, which is what getting more playing time will do for a freshman. He hit a couple of big threes and two clutch free throws when we needed them the most. I have always liked this kid, and I'm even more impressed with him now.

I also think he will shoot a much higher percentage from three when the game slows down more for him. His misses are mostly on shots when he rushes or doesn't get his feet set and his body squared up to the basket. He needs to learn to avoid those shots, and be more prepared to receive the pass in rhythm, with his body already squared up and ready to shoot before the ball arrives.

I love his release. We need him to get hot on the road this week. Imagine if we could count on him for 2-3 three pointers per game!

He is a blue-collar, hard worker, willing to do whatever it takes to win.

:clap :pledge :clap

I agree. I have always seen him as a hard worker. The drop off in his shooting accuracy is difficult to explain, but I think it's a confidence thing. He played well in Alaska and get rewarded with playing 2 minutes a game thereafter.

Let him play minutes, calm down and I think he will become a solid player.

Back