Portal Moser

SoonerBounce13

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...Porter has been great in the Portal game. Some of them have been misses or slight disappointments but he does a really good job in the portal.

Good so far. Has a chance to be great if you can grab another 4/5 and elite shooter

The jury is still out. We all thought he was amazing last year and look how that turned out. The two guys he has in the fold this year look promising but I'm done making predictions.

Agree with Coach on our needs now.

Hugley reminds me of a healthy bobby Evans (too far back for most of you on this site). Hard to know what he will bring to the table. We will have to wait and see.

McCollum just can't be as good as his film. I will believe it when I see it. If he is, however, he will be a game changer.

BTW, what if anything are you hearing on potential adds from the portal now that we have these two guys. 3 guys in the portal from Oregon, so maybe Gates can help there and a 4 in the portal from ND, that I assume Hump knows. Any chance at any of these guys?

Just because he is grabbing guys that can contribute doesn't mean he is doing great. Our past team results prove that out. He isn't really doing anything that other programs aren't also doing. EVERYBODY is playing the Portal game right now. Lots of schools are doing a good job reshaping their rosters via the Portal.

Agree with Coach on our needs now.

Hugley reminds me of a healthy bobby Evans (too far back for most of you on this site). Hard to know what he will bring to the table. We will have to wait and see.

McCollum just can't be as good as his film. I will believe it when I see it. If he is, however, he will be a game changer.

BTW, what if anything are you hearing on potential adds from the portal now that we have these two guys. 3 guys in the portal from Oregon, so maybe Gates can help there and a 4 in the portal from ND, that I assume Hump knows. Any chance at any of these guys?

Bobby Evans …what could have been. Thought he could have been as big an impact at OU as pretty much anyone other than Waymon if he’d stayed healthy.

Just because he is grabbing guys that can contribute doesn't mean he is doing great. Our past team results prove that out. He isn't really doing anything that other programs aren't also doing. EVERYBODY is playing the Portal game right now. Lots of schools are doing a good job reshaping their rosters via the Portal.

He is getting guys that are wanted and needed. I don't play the hindsight game. If a team signs a top 5 class but they all turn out to be duds, that doesn't mean the coach isn't a good recruiter...it was still a top 5 class.

Porter has consistently brought in guys via the portal that were sought after and considered great gets. Its fine to criticize what he does with what he brings in, but I don't see how anyone can objectively be dissappointed in Porter's portal game

I was in school with him .. lol

and some are older then i am ..

I'm one of the older ones. My daughter was nine years old when Bobby was a freshman. She got his autograph at an event at Lloyd Noble after a scrimmage. He called her "sweetie," and he immediately became my daughter's favorite player.

I'm one of the older ones. My daughter was nine years old when Bobby was a freshman. She got his autograph at an event at Lloyd Noble after a scrimmage. He called her "sweetie," and he immediately became my daughter's favorite player.

very cool he was a really really nice guy .

pretty cool that his sons both got to play at OU

(for those that don't know Tay Evans played Middle LB and had his career shortened by injuries (concussions) and Bobby Evans played RT and is still in the NFL)

He is getting guys that are wanted and needed. I don't play the hindsight game. If a team signs a top 5 class but they all turn out to be duds, that doesn't mean the coach isn't a good recruiter...it was still a top 5 class.

Porter has consistently brought in guys via the portal that were sought after and considered great gets. Its fine to criticize what he does with what he brings in, but I don't see how anyone can objectively be dissappointed in Porter's portal game

15-17 is how I'm objectively disappointed. That's not a hindsight game, that's the point of the whole thing is to win games, not sign guys that look good on film. I'm hopeful PM is learning and improving at the portal game, because his current hit rate will have him on the hot seat soon if he doesn't pick it up.
I'm not trying to bag on PM, but if anyone sees what he's done do far as "winning" they have vastly different expectations than I do. Let's hope this year is an inflection point, because I would love to start winning the portal game... and basketball games!

I was waiting to see how long it took you or Whichita to come in do douse flames on this thread. You cannot go a day, or a thread, without some kind of negative post. You must be a real hoot at parties.

I was waiting to see how long it took you or Whichita to come in do douse flames on this thread. You cannot go a day, or a thread, without some kind of negative post. You must be a real hoot at parties.

I don't go to parties for or with failures, so it's a non-issue.

When the OU basketball program starts performing like the historically top 25 program that it is, I'll stop being negative about it.

Well, the entire thread is ridiculous. Moser great in the portal? I mean, our downfall the past two years has been mainly due to the fact that almost every other school in our weight class has lapped us in the portal, so it is pretty easy to "douse flames." The biggest Porter defenders have mainly pointed to two things to justify their belief in him -- his high school recruiting and his supposedly great system. So now we are to believe that he also is killing it in the portal? Just so I follow -- that means he excels at getting players from high school and the portal, and he has a good system, and that yields 34-33 and no tourney appearances? I would hate to see what a coach who wasn't such a wizard would produce!

I guess the sentiment from earlier in the day about how it is fine for people to share their opinions is lost on you. Or, perhaps, in your view, it is everyone should feel free to share their opinion, as long as it is (a) irrationally optimistic and (b) consistent with your own thoughts.

Well, the entire thread is ridiculous. Moser great in the portal? I mean, our downfall the past two years has been mainly due to the fact that almost every other school in our weight class has lapped us in the portal, so it is pretty easy to "douse flames." The biggest Porter defenders have mainly pointed to two things to justify their belief in him -- his high school recruiting and his supposedly great system. So now we are to believe that he also is killing it in the portal? Just so I follow -- that means he excels at getting players from high school and the portal, and he has a good system, and that yields 34-33 and no tourney appearances? I would hate to see what a coach who wasn't such a wizard would produce!

I guess the sentiment from earlier in the day about how it is fine for people to share their opinions is lost on you. Or, perhaps, in your view, it is everyone should feel free to share their opinion, as long as it is (a) irrationally optimistic and (b) consistent with your own thoughts.

again if you want to complain about porter there is a place to do that ..

not in every thread ..

I'm good with people sharing their opinion.....I actually welcome it. My point is EVERY thread turns into a complaint session for you two. Do either of you ever share a NON-negative opinon?

You are like the two old men in the balcony seats on the Muppets....but without the humor

I'm good with people sharing their opinion.....I actually welcome it. My point is EVERY thread turns into a complaint session for you two. Do either of you ever share a NON-negative opinon?

You are like the two old men in the balcony seats on the Muppets....but without the humor

Now that's funny – and oh, so true!

again if you want to complain about porter there is a place to do that ..

not in every thread ..

FFS, the caption of this very thread is about Porter Moser!!! If you are going to apply these rules, how about doing that evenly rather than just calling me out on it? Apparently it is ok for the sunshine pumpers to laud the guy in every thread, but it isn't ok to criticize him in a thread that is captioned under his name? That's rich.

Andy every thread you post in turns into a lecture about how you used to coach college basketball.

Nobody. Cares.

Debate the basketball points being made or move on. The personal attacks get old. I don't care if you like me. I don't like you. But I don't go searching out every post you make to tell you that I disagree with it.

Back