Press release with good details on Avila's OU signing

Funny I was thinking Victor was CJ Washington with more size.Carrer stats of 4.3ppg and 3.7 rpg IMHO is not the resume of a GOOD player,it is the resume of a solid reserve,just like CJ.Victor had 2-3 good games in his 2 years at OU,so I repeat,I hope this Avila is better than the last.

Not even close. Not even remotely similar games. Avila had a jumper and could score but wasn't physical enough. Washington was only a garbage man who knew how to put a body on someone and get rebounds. As Colston said, had Washington been 4 inches taller he would have been a force on the boards, but his offensive game was pretty limited.

Has anyone been able to nail down this kids actual height? I've seen 6-9 and 6-11. A 6-11 athletic post who is a good offensive rebounder would really be exciting.

Has anyone been able to nail down this kids actual height? I've seen 6-9 and 6-11. A 6-11 athletic post who is a good offensive rebounder would really be exciting.

Umm... 6'10" ;)

What exactly reminds you of Orlando Allen? If I remember right, he was considered a project when we signed him and that's exactly what he turned out to be. He was what we thought he was. :ez-roll:

The only similarities I see is they are both black and tall. I'm guessing that's all the similarities that really exist too.

Orlando Allen was a 3 star who at least had offers from Minnesota and Nebraska. Avilia is unranked with no confirmed offers, took no other visits and just made it into recruiting databases.

As for the CJ Washington comparisons ... CJ was a 1st team NJCAA all american who averaged 19 and 13.

Expecting anything more than this guy being a warm body for scrimmages is foolish.

Orlando Allen was a 3 star who at least had offers from Minnesota and Nebraska. Avilia is unranked with no confirmed offers, took no other visits and just made it into recruiting databases.

He's actually been on Rivals all year. And OU's been on his list the whole time fwiw.

I'm lost again. Wasn't CJ Washington an off the bench player for two just terrible OU teams? Didn't Fitz beat him out?

He was too short for his position and too slow to be at a school like OU. CJ Cole will make a better college player and these last two JC bigs that Kruger signed will certainly be better.

I think those other schools has some interested in him.... This is my 5th post and I really like thie chat line... but I think all the memebers need to focus on OU you Basketball, inform more about more OU recruiting than other schools. There is no telling how many parents or recruits that are on this site and we are always talking about what other schools are doing with recruits. We can get OU basketball at the next level if we keep it OU. Thanks.

what is "OU you Basketball"

and thanks but we will go ahead and talk about lots of basketball

I'm lost again. Wasn't CJ Washington an off the bench player for two just terrible OU teams? Didn't Fitz beat him out?

He was too short for his position and too slow to be at a school like OU. CJ Cole will make a better college player and these last two JC bigs that Kruger signed will certainly be better.

You're right. He never should have been at OU. I think what we're saying is CJ Washington would have been a much more effective player if he had been 3-4 inches taller not that we want another version of him as he actually was. If this kid can rebound with the kind of effort Washington did but is 6-10 or 6-11, he is going to be a great addition as a big off the bench.

I'm one that really believes if Washington had been 2-3 inches taller he could have been a good player. He played a big mans brand of basketball in a SF body.

what is "OU you Basketball"

and thanks but we will go ahead and talk about lots of basketball

Typo... :clap... That's fine and you should, but I was hoping that OU fans would help recruit good ball players to OU in stead of fail to do so.

I believe there's a D-1 transfer being finalized, which explains why there hasn't been a release about Booker and Avila.

They want to do it all in one.

I believe there's a D-1 transfer being finalized, which explains why there hasn't been a release about Booker and Avila.

They want to do it all in one.

Is this just an assumption?

Is this just an assumption?

Mike Moser out of UNLV is the rumor. Jeff Goodman reported on April 5th that he would likely be going to Washington. But nothing official was announced. He would come in as a senior and be eligible to play immediately.

Yah I'd seen a few names thrown out there but hadn't heard of any actual connections to OU. I think Moser would be a solid pick up, he is a quality rebounder.

Last edited:
Mike Moser out of UNLV is the rumor. Jeff Goodman reported on April 5th that he would likely be going to Washington. But nothing official was announced. He would come in as a senior and be eligible to play immediately.

Two thumbs up, if it happens! :clap :clap

Looked up his stats for this past year.Averaged 7.1 ppg and 6.1 rpg.Shot only 36.7 FG%,26.7 3PT, did shoot 76% FT. Is listed at 6'8 210. FWIW

Looked up his stats for this past year.Averaged 7.1 ppg and 6.1 rpg.Shot only 36.7 FG%,26.7 3PT, did shoot 76% FT. Is listed at 6'8 210. FWIW

He had a bad season, but the season before he was an All-American.

He averaged 14.5 points, 10.5 rebounds that season and made 44 3's.

Back