Pressey to Mizzou

great pick up for them. I think he will be a very good 4 year college player.

Don't know how good of a defender he is, but he could be sickeningly effective in Anderson's offense.

Congrats to my man Sawyer who called this one. I know he coveted this guy like I covet Cam Clark. Pressey will be great breaking the press and pushing tempo. I look forward to seeing him play as we beat up on Mizzou for the next 4 years.

this will probably come across as sour grapes and it probably is because I wanted Pressey at Baylor badly... My question for Sawyer is:

Is there concern at Mizzou about the height of their guards? They likely have a guard rotation that includes Mike Dixon, Miguel Paul, Phil Pressey and Kim English after Tiller and Taylor graduate.

They are trading guards over 6'3" in Tiller and Taylor for 3 guards under 6'0". Kim English is 6'5". It reminds me a lot of Baylor with Jerrells, Dugat, Carter and Dunn.

It did not turn well for Baylor defensively. Perhaps the style of play hides Mizzou's height issues, but I am curious if that is being discussed among Mizzou fans?

Congrats to my man Sawyer who called this one. I know he coveted this guy like I covet Cam Clark. Pressey will be great breaking the press and pushing tempo. I look forward to seeing him play as we beat up on Mizzou for the next 4 years.

I look forward to four more years of OU beating up on MU, just like they did with Blake Griffin and Willie Warren in Columbia.

this will probably come across as sour grapes and it probably is because I wanted Pressey at Baylor badly... My question for Sawyer is:

Is there concern at Mizzou about the height of their guards? They likely have a guard rotation that includes Mike Dixon, Miguel Paul, Phil Pressey and Kim English after Tiller and Taylor graduate.

They are trading guards over 6'3" in Tiller and Taylor for 3 guards under 6'0". Kim English is 6'5". It reminds me a lot of Baylor with Jerrells, Dugat, Carter and Dunn.

It did not turn well for Baylor defensively. Perhaps the style of play hides Mizzou's height issues, but I am curious if that is being discussed among Mizzou fans?

Next year, the guard rotation will include Tiller (6-3), Taylor (6-4), Denmon (6-3), English (6-6), Dixon (6-1) and Paul (6-1) (heights from the MU website).

The following year, the guard rotation will lose Tiller and Taylor while adding Pressey (5-9), Kreklow (6-5 or 6-6), and hopefully Scott (6-3). We'll be smaller at the 1 with Pressey and Dixon, and a little smaller in our rotation at the 2 with Paul likely getting the majority of his minutes there, but overall, there's going to be plenty of height to get by.

I don't remember the exact heights of the Baylor guards, but I'm pretty sure MU will be bigger. And the guys who aren't bigger - Dixon, Paul and Pressey - are all lightning quick. These guys are going to create a ton of havoc on defense, even if they aren't very big.

I look forward to four more years of OU beating up on MU, just like they did with Blake Griffin and Willie Warren in Columbia.

You caught OU at a good time. Congrats though. You guys are always tough against us at home (and at the LNC for that matter).

Don't forget where you are, playboy.

Back