Question for Henzo?

boomer0187

Reaction score
Of all the recruits we are recruiting which ones would make a major impact on the program? Like a Wayman Tisdale. Or have we misssed out already?

Thanks for any info.

Like a Wayman Tisdale.

That is an unreasonable standard. How about like Hollis Price, TMG, Ryan Minor, etc. (as a freshman). Expecting people to come to Norman and be a first team AA as a freshman is just not realistic.

I don't think we're really in on anybody like that, reasonable, at this point. Some might say Clark, but I think he'll have a pretty big adjustment to make his first year. I'm not saying this to be a downer, but I think we might struggle some next year too. Tiny should be improved, but we'll lose, I assume, Crocker and Warren, and the first big off the bench in Wright. I'd still rather see Cade come off the bench, but he may end up starting next year, just to put the guard play in perspective.

I'm still hoping Capel goes hard after a couple of JUCO studs. A really good SG, and a really good PF/C type would go a long ways towards next year.

The only obvious player on the Sooners radar who could make a huge impact immediately is Terrence Jones. He will be no Wayman Tisdale, but he has the ability to have a huge impact on the OU basketball team in 2010 if he became a Sooner. First team All-American? Doubtful. There are no John Wall's on the Sooners radar who are going to come in and dominate from day one, if that's your question.

But in terms of making his impact felt extremely early and playing a valuable role with the team -- I would say Terrence Jones fits that role most accurately.

The Wayman Tisdales of today only play one year in college. Kevin Durant, KSU's guy, Xavier Henry is looking like one of those. There aren't many of those out there.

Thanks Henzo, I know getting a player like a Tisdale is a reach, lets hope Mr.Jones becomes a sooner.

Unless WW starts playing good basketball he'd be a fool to turn pro.

Back