Ray Willis's length benefits defensively

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I think it's good defensively. He can be out of position and still contest a shot. If he can get his feet going the right way, he'll be able to benefit us alot. Someone mentioned about him being on the ball at the top of our defense. I like it from aspect of a using it in the 1-3-1, but not sold on him guarding pgs. If he is able to guard pgs, it gives us a huge benefit because he can bother passing lanes and shots.

Now, if we can get him to run the break better.

DM, this was exactly what I was thinking as I watched Ray play. I never thought I would say this, but Ray might be our best (or at least most effective) perimeter defender after Croc. Seems quick enough to stay in front and his length clearly bothered and intimidated his man.

I think Ray has played really well the last couple of games and I hope he continues to get minutes. He might turn out to be a really good player.

I am really pulling for Ray to "get it all together" because he has the offensive game and the length to be a good player. It was nice to see him grab 5 rebounds last night.

He still needs to really work on refraining from taking ill-advised shots. Coach yanked him pretty quickly after he took one last night.

Back