Recruiting 2010

An recent (April 2009) interview with him:

The most surprising thing that ever happened to me was... Receiving a scholarship

Doesn't sound like too much to me if he was surprised about receiving a scholarship to freakin Colorado.

Sorry BT, but I'm going to have to go with abd on this one. Tunks looks like a baller. The one word that comes to mind is "intimidator". Tiny and Drew are already having nightmares.

shane-harris-tunks.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry BT, but I'm going to have to go with abd on this one. Tunks looks like a baller. The one word that comes to mind is "intimidator". Tiny and Drew are already having nightmares.

shane-harris-tunks.jpg
Is that an Australian Loomers?

Gilstrap does look like a beast though. Looks like ISU is going to be pretty good next year. Thank goodness we get them in Norman.

Pledger wouldnt start over Higgins or Thorne at CU.

When did Pledger become Kobe Bryant?

its get tiresome hearing about how all of these crappy bottom dweller teams you say are going to "surprise" us every year..
CU, Nebraska, ISU.. blah blah blah you throw out enough teams and players your going to get ONE right... maybe not

Gilstrap does look like a beast though. Looks like ISU is going to be pretty good next year. Thank goodness we get them in Norman.

There very few sure things anymore in the JUCO ranks. Kansas had two "sure things" last year and neither of them even played (instead Doug Funnie got their minutes and Tyrell Reed their back-up minutes).

I also think that Gilstrap can be pretty good, but I don't expect it and I wouldn't trade him for Pledger. I would trade him for Hardrick.

I hope for Tunks' sake he's not too bad, he's just asking for a bunch of "He stunks" puns with that name.

shane-harris-tunks.jpg

what in the world. we re going to give this kid a schollie ? please no, i still have eligibility.

When did Gilstrap become Kobe Bryant? You think Gilstrap would beat out a three year starter and senior leader at OU and then lead us to winning the Big 12? You are nuts.

Gilstrap is a better player than Crocker.

Doesn't sound like too much to me if he was surprised about receiving a scholarship to freakin Colorado.

Lol..

lol, im pretty sure he was 16 in that picture, ha. I am just basing his impact off ESPN saying he is big, skilled, Big 12 ready, and physical. Also, Bzdelik seems very high on him.

its get tiresome hearing about how all of these crappy bottom dweller teams you say are going to "surprise" us every year..

Why? I have Nebraska finishing last place, ISU improving to 6th or 7th place as the surprise team, and am hoping for the sake of a bet that Colorado goes 6-10, lol.

Why is that tiresome? You literally cant stand to hear somebody talk about Big 12 basketball teams on this forum? Soooo, just OU posts from here on out?

Gilstrap is a better player than Crocker.

Lol..

lol, im pretty sure he was 16 in that picture, ha. I am just basing his impact off ESPN saying he is big, skilled, Big 12 ready, and physical. Also, Bzdelik seems very high on him.

Why? I have Nebraska finishing last place, ISU improving to 6th or 7th place as the surprise team, and am hoping for the sake of a bet that Colorado goes 6-10, lol.

Why is that tiresome? You literally cant stand to hear somebody talk about Big 12 basketball teams on this forum? Soooo, just OU posts from here on out?[/QUOTE]

Keep doing your thing, abd.

One suggestion that I might make is that you could put some of that same ferver and excitement towards some OU guys that you do towards the little guys. For instance, Steven Pledger just made an All-American team with some very impressive players that are going to schools like Duke. And Andrew Fitzgerald was a Reebok AA that finished second on that all-star team in scoring.

Do want you want, but it might get some folks off your back if you throw the OU guys a bone every once and a while. lol

abd made a really good point in another thread that got me feeling uneasy. Other than Cameron Clark (and obviously T.J. Taylor), I don't feel like we are leading on any of our top basketball targets. Last year, I felt really good about Pledger, TMG (and even a few other PG recruits), and Tiny before they committed. I don't feel as good about Cothron, Pressey, McCallum, Jones, Johnson, Releford, or Barnes. We are going to have as many as six spots to fill, and it is discomforting knowing that there is a good chance that we might strike out on a lot of these guys.

I guess that's just the nature of the beast when you go after the best of the best, but it still kind of sucks. I just wish we knew who are plan B guys were now. haha

Capel did say in a recent interview with Al that he felt "really, really good" about the 2010 recruits, so hopefully he is right!

I don't think we're leading on anyone outside of those guys either, but alot of teams aren't in the clear lead for any recruits either. Who is Kansas leading on? i have no doubt they'll sign a great class though. It was thought that Kentucky was leading on Barton, but the end result ended up with him going the kid going to Memphis.

I think the positive thing about what OU is doing is they are in on about 10 really high caliber prospects. There are also guys that we have no idea about. I find it encouraging that they are in on prospects in California, Oregon, New York and Michigan, areas where OU hasn't had a ton of prep success. I think the process of elimination will help OU in pursuit of prospects. Cothron and Jones aren't going to go to the same school, but have a list with alot of common schools. If one school signs one of those guys, that helps OU's chances. Same can be said for Clark, Washburn, and Harrison, and also Releford, Pressey, and McCallum.

ABD...do your thing. There are plenty of tidbits on this board (as well as others) that highlight OU's players, coaches, recruiting, scheduling, etc. I enjoy hearing about other guys from within and outside the conference, as well as, numerous storylines that might not make national headlines in the college basketball landscape.

Shake these haters off.

ABD...do your thing. There are plenty of tidbits on this board (as well as others) that highlight OU's players, coaches, recruiting, scheduling, etc. I enjoy hearing about other guys from within and outside the conference, as well as, numerous storylines that might not make national headlines in the college basketball landscape.

Shake these haters off.

I agree. ADB does a great job on this board!

One suggestion that I might make is that you could put some of that same ferver and excitement towards some OU guys

its implied.

its implied.

Expressing sarcasm and things implied don't always carry over well on the internet. I like your Big 12 excitement. Keep it up, but don't be afraid to shower some praise on our recruits too (and not just the jucos).

Back