Releford down to four schools, with two leading the pack

But Omar was a juco . . .

LOL!

Also seems we're chasing Alabama for Releford. We may get him to visit sept 11. I wouldn't be suprised to see them move quickly on Hewitt or Scott if things don't shake the way they want them to.

RELEFORD CUTS LIST

Trevor Releford, a 6-foot, 180-pound point guard from Shawnee Mission (KS) Bishop Miege, told Scout.com he will likely end up at Alabama or Oklahoma, although Arizona and Tennessee are still in the mix.

Releford, the younger brother of Kansas guard Travis Releford, said he likes Alabama the most because of his relationship with new head coach Anthony Grant.

“Alabama is the top because they’ve been there the longest,” Releford told me recently. “I talk to coach a lot and I was his first guy. He started recruiting me.”

Capel, the Oklahoma coach, has also worked hard to develop a relationship.

LJ Goolsby, Releford’s AAU coach, said it could come down to Alabama or Oklahoma.

“I think he likes the head coaches a lot. They’ve spent a lot of time recruiting him so far. It sounds like he’s cut it down to those two,” he said. “Arizona and Tennessee have a chance but those two sound like they are his leaders.”

Goolsby said Releford will tentatively visit Oklahoma the weekend of Sept. 11 and Alabama the following weekend.

“Right now I think they’re pretty much even,” Goolsby said. “I think he’s just wanting to get a little bit deeper into the situation and go from there.”

But Omar was a juco . . .

Now that's classic. :clap

Tyrel Reed was never a given to KU. Roy and UNC were very interested and they just didn't have a schollie open up. I think he'd have signed with UNC had they offered.

um, we ended up giving that scholly to Omar Leary. Tyrell Reed would have started for us.

At least Omar gave us two years of mediocrity instead of 4. I wouldnt want Reed wasting a scholarship at OU for 4 years. He was a nice role player, it doesnt matter if he was a juco or not. High school guys are role players all the time for every team, he was just a juco role player. I havent seen much of anything out of Reed yet, and I doubt we ever do since he chose to be a 7-10 minutes per game guy at KU instead of going to a smaller school where he could actually play.

and Omar hit some huge shots for OU. I bet Capel doesnt laugh at him. But hey, you guys are the "real" OU fans, right?

Last edited:
At least Omar gave us two years of mediocrity instead of 4. I wouldnt want Reed wasting a scholarship at OU for 4 years.

So in your opinion is Cade Davis wasting a scholarship at OU?

I havent seen much of anything out of Reed yet, and I doubt we ever do since he chose to be a 7-10 minutes per game guy at KU instead of going to a smaller school where he could actually play.

Ummm, he played 21 minutes a game for KU.

and Omar hit some huge shots for OU.

Reed has hit a bunch of huge shots for KU as well. Just ask Juan Pattillo.

ABD, the "But Omar was a juco" wasn't a slap at Omar. Sam was poking fun at you. It was pretty witty.

Omar was a solid role player. As is Cade Davis. As is Tyrel Reed.

Cheno, I have always been opposed to cade...alot of guys like him because of his hard work ethic and such a good kid but that doesnt automatically earn playing time....at a big time university in basketball (i would say OU is either there or getting there with capel) he is wasting a scholly....I would also say ryan wright is wasting a scholly (assuming we had brought another big guy in but we have no choice but to play him) and I would say Omar leary is wasted a scholly and obviously the kid out of putnam city coming in is going to waste a scholly for four years....

Just think if we didnt have cade, wright, or the putnam city kid...we would have three more scholorships for this year or next year to unload on better tallent

Cheno, I have always been opposed to cade...alot of guys like him because of his hard work ethic and such a good kid but that doesnt automatically earn playing time....at a big time university in basketball (i would say OU is either there or getting there with capel) he is wasting a scholly....I would also say ryan wright is wasting a scholly (assuming we had brought another big guy in but we have no choice but to play him) and I would say Omar leary is wasted a scholly and obviously the kid out of putnam city coming in is going to waste a scholly for four years....

Just think if we didnt have cade, wright, or the putnam city kid...we would have three more scholorships for this year or next year to unload on better tallent

Could be the worst post I've ever read.
You can't have 13 MCDAA's.
Are you an OU fan?

Gotta have kids like Cade, Wright and Leary on your team. They may not be the most talented guys in the world, but you can count on them.

You can have all Terrance Boyd's, Keith Clarks and Juan Patillo's. They may be more talented, but they do you no good because you can't count on them.

I'll take a Taylor Griffin over a Lance Stephenson any day.
I'll take a Longar Longar over a Renardo Sidney any day.

etc etc

I'm actually agreeing with you here Cheno. Anyone who doesn't understand how much a player like Cade does for our program has a limited knowledge of basketball and what it takes to be successful.

I'm actually agreeing with you here Cheno. Anyone who doesn't understand how much a player like Cade does for our program has a limited knowledge of basketball and what it takes to be successful.

Why wouldn't you agree with me? I'm the most logical poster on this here board. :chestram2:

Why wouldn't you agree with me? I'm the most logical poster on this here board. :chestram2:

Uh huh....

*ahem*

While ya'll be hatin, I be mediatin.

Or if you want to bring proper english into it - logic, and all that - while you fellows often get heated trying to vigorously argue your point, I attempt to remain level-headed and convey my point in the most civil manner possible.;)

recognize_bish_t_shirt-p235978683578448841y9el_400.jpg

Gotta have kids like Cade, Wright and Leary on your team. They may not be the most talented guys in the world, but you can count on them.

You can have all Terrance Boyd's, Keith Clarks and Juan Patillo's. They may be more talented, but they do you no good because you can't count on them.

etc etc

I liked Leary, he had a lot of heart and played hard all the time. However, a Tyrell Reed who is a very solid player, made big plays for KU, and quite frankly had more players to compete with than Leary, would have pushed AJ for a starting position. Coming into a Junior year, Reed would be posturing for a starting position. No comparison between him and Leary.

Could be the worst post I've ever read.
You can't have 13 MCDAA's.
Are you an OU fan?

How does that statement in return mean 13 mcdaa's????
I gave three names I would not have given schollys to.....I like omar leary he wasnt the most talented but he did his job well....the other three I would not have given scholly's to...
Don't sit here and tell me that a Kansas, duke, north carolina, arizona, texas...ect....would want to give a scholly to the three i listed.
Yes there is a need for role players, all I am saying is we need more talented role players then the three listed
of the team we have 1) O-Allen 2) Fitz 3) Pledger 4) Willis 5) Crocker 6) Ray Willis...there is 6 guys there that are not mcdaa's that can really help our team this year...We have three mcdaa's which is outstanding...I would be happy with as many as we can get but if we can consistently have 1 mcdaa's and 6 or 7 talented scorers/role players/defensive players/ rebounders around him we will still have a solid team

etc etc

Of course we can say that now...Taylor had a great career and brought in Griffin which probably single handly made our program better...Longar also had a great senior year and turned out to be a fantastic player

Say cade does decent this year and does extremely well next year....do we want to give schollys out to guys that stick around 4 years and has 1 real good year? (good year in terms of his role on the team)

And of course we do not want sydney, or stephenson on the team....I am not referencing getting the top 10 guys every year...

Grant left Richmond, when Eric Maynor left....Grant cant recruit, he won with Caple's players...Plain and simple

It is still unknown if he can recruit the talent to make Alabama a winner.. They already had a recruiting class in place when he took the Alabama job, so the 2010 class should be interesting...

grant was donovan's lead recruiter previous to coaching at vcu. he recruited a nat'l championship team.

Don't sit here and tell me that a Kansas, duke, north carolina, arizona, texas...ect....would want to give a scholly to the three i listed.

KU has two scholarship players on their roster right now (Reed & Morningstar) similar to Cade Davis. KU has guys like Cade Davis every year. It's really quite that simple.
And for you to say Ryan Wright was a waste of a schollie and the top programs wouldn't give him a scholarship is...well....a pretty dumb comment considering he signed with UCLA out of high school. UCLA has more championships than any other college team by the way.

KU has two scholarship players on their roster right now (Reed & Morningstar) similar to Cade Davis. KU has guys like Cade Davis every year. It's really quite that simple.
And for you to say Ryan Wright was a waste of a schollie and the top programs wouldn't give him a scholarship is...well....a pretty dumb comment considering he signed with UCLA out of high school. UCLA has more championships than any other college team by the way.

I don't agree with Ryan Wright and Cade being a waste of an offer. Both of those guys are going to play a ton of minutes and quite frankly Cade has won games for us. I definetely think we could have upgraded on Cannon, Leary, and Walker in the past.

Back