Renardo Sidney saga continues...

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Read on Scout.com that Renado Sidney is visiting Mississippi State this weekend and may be on the verge of changing his mind about attending USC. It seems he never actually signed a LOI with the Trojans.

For those with a premium membership, here' the link to the story:

http://mississippistate.scout.com/a.z?s=136&p=2&c=860228

Not sure if this is right, but I had heard he not even taken the ACT/SAT until recently.

The family is actually from Jackson Mississippi. I also believe there was something about him when he first went to Cali. Either he should be a grade up, down, or he was home schooled. I cant remember the specifics.

This is a pretty crazy situation. He was looking at MSU before the USC commit. He still has family in the area.

It is pretty well known that Mississippi is one of the dirtiest states in terms of recruiting (both football and bball). He probably got paid just to take the visit.

It is pretty well known that Mississippi is one of the dirtiest states in terms of recruiting (both football and bball). He probably got paid just to take the visit.

I doubt cheating had to do with anything. Probably something more like qualifiying. I know he couldn't meet UCLA standards and my guess is he probably couldn't meet USC's standards either. May have something to do with recognizing his transcript from when he transferred.

I doubt cheating had to do with anything. Probably something more like qualifiying. I know he couldn't meet UCLA standards and my guess is he probably couldn't meet USC's standards either. May have something to do with recognizing his transcript from when he transferred.

Yeah, I doubt it is cheating. I don't know who scared off who....Renardo scared of USC or USC scared off Renardo both have recent shady pasts.

I hope Sidney does well at the next level. He has near unlimited potential as an offensive scorer.

LOL, there is way more to support that there is something shady going on than not. The whole recruitment surrounding Sidney has been a fiasco and MSU is notorious for playing dirty. I smell a rat.

LOL, there is way more to support that there is something shady going on than not. The whole recruitment surrounding Sidney has been a fiasco and MSU is notorious for playing dirty. I smell a rat.
Man, it takes a lot of cash to out "recruit" USC.

Could be that Floyd didn't want to risk it being under NCAA sanctions. Not necessarily that it was the program that was being shady, but that Sidney would be at-risk of succumbing to temptation and taking from boosters.

Could be that Floyd didn't want to risk it being under NCAA sanctions. Not necessarily that it was the program that was being shady, but that Sidney would be at-risk of succumbing to temptation and taking from boosters.

Maybe the situation was if they sign Sidney, they're adding more future sanctions.

BTW, I mistyped...they are under investigation for sanctions, I don't believe they are on sanctions now.

I think it is a huge stretch to believe USC has standards for athletes.

I think it is a huge stretch to believe USC has standards for athletes.

I think some on this post are misguided when pointing to Sidney as the trouble or drama in the situation between him and USC. Their head coach tried to leave, Solomon Hill, another post player decommitted and hightailed it for Arizona, and now Sidney. Seems as if the problem is USC.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/26/...nardo-sidney-to-mississippi-state/#more-15714

SIDNEY CHANGING PLANS

Renardo Sidney, the 6-10, 250-pound power forward out of Los Angeles (CA) Fairfax, visited Mississippi State this weekend and could end up there or at another school other than USC.

Dave Telep of Scout reported that Sidney, a native of Mississippi, is close to formalizing a relationship with Mississippi State, but a source with knowledge said nothing was definite.

“It’s not gonna be done for a couple days,” the source said. “They [Mississippi State] are one of the two or three schools he’s still looking at.”

The source would not name the other schools.

Sidney verbally committed to USC in February but never signed a Letter of Intent. USC head coach Tim Floyd later flew to Arizona to interview for the Arizona job, but ultimately chose to remain at Southern Cal.

“It’s been a busy month over there at USC,” the source said. “He’s trying to get it all figured out.”

If Sidney leaves USC as expected he would become the second high-profile recruit to do so in recent weeks. Solomon Hill, a 6-6 small forward who orally committed to USC in the fall, recently jumped ship to Arizona.

Last edited:
Back