Report: Paul George tells Oklahoma City Thunder he will opt out of contract

TulsaWorld

Reaction score
If George wanted to return to the Thunder, there are two ways he could do so. The first is to sign a five-year, $176 million max contract with OKC.

The other option, which leaves George with more control, is to sign a “one-plus-one” contract that would give him the option to enter free agency following the 2019 season.

Link

I don't think it's a guarantee that he leaves just yet, but if he does, how bad of shape does that leave OKC in? I guess they'd have cap room, but they aren't going to lure anybody as talented as PG. Not now, and probably not in the near future. I don't think they have any draft pick assets other than their own.

Just announced: PG 13 Is Staying in OKC, By George!!!

Weekend winners included Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Sam Presti and Billy Donovan, and also the Oklahoma City Thunder fans who purchased 2018-19 season tickets several weeks before George shocked the NBA universe with his long-term commitment to staying in Oklahoma.

Of those 14,000 season-ticket holders, about 1,100 reside in the Tulsa area. One Tulsa fan, without knowing whether George would remain on the Thunder roster, paid $17,499 for six season tickets.

The Tulsan and other season-ticket consumers feel infinitely better about their investment than they did before a Westbrook-hosted party transpired in northern Oklahoma County on Saturday night.

Link

Back