Rick Pitino!!!

SoonerWarVet

Reaction score
Why not? Or why not someone with his credentials? I keep hearing that we are not a top-tier program, especially by many on this board. You know who you are. Just because we have had two bad seasons doesn't erase the fact we are considered a top-tier program. Many of the "best" have had their fair share of losing seasons in the last ten to fifteen years.

In 2008, ESPN release their top 50 prestigious basketball programs.

We were #12. That's right #12!! Did many of you forget that? Seems like it!!! Louisville was #16. So for those of you who think a program like Louisville, Marquette, etc. would be a step down, you are wrong!! Two bad seasons doesn't erase a long stretch of success. Just look at OU football!!!

Some of you have short memories!! Okay, bash away!!!

Boomer Sooner!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3493766

Never happen, and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, the next coach absolutely needs to come from or have extremely strong ties to this region.

I just threw his name out because of the school he coaches at and his credentials. But coaches like him at other schools similar in "PRESTIGE" are not off the board. My main point is that OU is a TOP-TIER program any way you look at it, even though we are a "football" school.

Never happen, and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, the next coach absolutely needs to come from or have extremely strong ties to this region.

Read my last post. I was just using him as an example. We definitely need a coach with ties to the region (i.e. Buzz, Pastner, etc.). But the notion that Memphis, Marquette, Louisville, etc. is a better program is ridiculous!!

Why not? Or why not someone with his credentials? I keep hearing that we are not a top-tier program, especially by many on this board. You know who you are. Just because we have had two bad seasons doesn't erase the fact we are considered a top-tier program. Many of the "best" have had their fair share of losing seasons in the last ten to fifteen years.

We were #12. That's right #12!! Did many of you forget that? Seems like it!!! Louisville was #16. So for those of you who think a program like Louisville, Marquette, etc. would be a step down, you are wrong!! Two bad seasons doesn't erase a long stretch of success. Just look at OU football!!!

Boomer Sooner!!!!

I don't think Pitino would ever come to OU or any program in the Big 12. He's a metropolitan type guy, which Louisville is not, but when he took the Kentucky job he loved the atmosphere of Kentucky especially because of the horse racing which I think he is into pretty big.

I think if he left Louisville it would only be for a job in a big city. Maybe I'm wrong and I'd take him in a heartbeat if we could pay enough to get him.

Some of these names being thrown out are great.

I don't think it's an issue of prestige, it's an issue of how much money we're willing to spend.

Boomer Sooner!!!!

Never happen.

The OU hoops programs loses money and even though it is a top 40 job it is secondary to football.

Getting someone like that is a pipe dream.

The OU hoops programs loses money and even though it is a top 40 job it is secondary to football.

Getting someone like that is a pipe dream.

I disagree. I am not saying we can get Pitino, but we definitely can get some of his "stature."

I just think that the talk of OU being a step down from some of the programs of the coach's names being thrown out there is a incorrect. Okay, so far the main coaches I am hearing on this board is Buzz and Pastner. There are more. But it has been said on this board that these coaches would never come because it would be a step down. That is incorrect. It would be a step up, IMO. Disagree if you want. But it is a fact!! Numbers don't lie!! And I am not just talking about ESPN's prestige rankings.

Boomer Sooner!!!!

Back