San Diego

I just like the fact that the naysayers on this thread don't make the decisions on who gets in. We'll see if you guys are right come tourney time. By the way have we played the whole season yet? I don't think so. Let's just see how our team responds to the slow start to this season. Currently things are looking much better. Stay tuned because I predict that we will have a couple of surprise victories that people don't expect. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

NCAA selection committee pecking order.

1 - Conference record
2 - record in last 10 games
3 - RPI/Quality Wins/Losses to seperate teams with equal resumes based on criteria 1 and 2.

If OU takes care of business in conference and is playing our best basketball in the last 10 games those pre season losses will not even be taken into account other than to show how impressive our improvement has been.

Funny that you leave out something that is JUST as important, an that is road record, since tourney games aren't played at home.

Currently, we are 1-3 away from the LNC. That is why I think the next 3 non-home games are SO important. We need to win two of them just to be 3-4 away from home in the non-conference. If we lose two, we're 2-5, and that is just not gonna cut it come bubble time, if that is where we end up.

By definition the committee pecking order takes into account road records since conference games and the last 10 games are equally split between home and away.

It just doesn't take into account meaningless pre season exhibitions thousands of miles from home ... unless you put yourself on the bubble. Then it can matter as a tie breaker. But basically it has been proven that bubble teams are better off in the NIT anyway.

I just like the fact that the naysayers on this thread don't make the decisions on who gets in. We'll see if you guys are right come tourney time. By the way have we played the whole season yet? I don't think so. Let's just see how our team responds to the slow start to this season. Currently things are looking much better. Stay tuned because I predict that we will have a couple of surprise victories that people don't expect. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

:ez-laugh:

Faithful, I hope you are right. I would love to pull an upset in any of these games.

Texas (in Norman)
Texas A&M (away)
OSU (away)

I would say Gonzaga, but after watching them a few times I just think they are better than us, and the home court will be too much. Hope I'm wrong.

Back