Selection Sunday with reactions

Selection Sunday is today, Sunday, March 17. The 68-team fields for the men's and women's NCAA DI basketball tournaments will be announced during selection shows. The men's tournament will be revealed at 5 p.m. CT on CBS, with the women's tournament reveal set for 7 p.m. CT on ESPN.

Here's the schedule for the 2024 men's tournament:

• Selection Sunday: 5 p.m. CT Sunday, March 17 on CBS | Watch the Selection Show
  • First Four: March 19-20
  • First round: March 21-22
  • Second round: March 23-24
  • Sweet 16: March 28-29
  • Elite Eight: March 30-31
  • Final Four: April 6 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona
  • NCAA championship game: April 8 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona
These are the sites for the men's tournament in 2024:

ROUNDCITYVENURDATESHOST
First FourDayton, OhioUD ArenaMarch 19 - 20University of Dayton
First/SecondBrooklyn. N.Y.Barclays CenterMarch 22 -24Atlantic 10 Conference
First/SecondCharlotte, N.C.Spectrum CenterMarch 21 - 23University of North Carolina at Charlotte
First/SecondIndianapolisGainbridge FieldhouseMarch 22 - 24IUPUI / Horizon League
First/SecondOmaha, Neb.CHI Health CenterMarch 21 - 23Creighton University
First/SecondPittsburghPPG Paints ArenaMarch 21 -23Duquesne University
First/SecondSalt Lake CityVivint Smart Home ArenaMarch 22 - 24University of Utah
First/SecondSpokane, Wash.Spokane Veterans Memorial ArenaMarch 21 - 23University of Idaho
First/SecondMemphis, Tenn.FedExForumMarch 22 - 24University of Memphis
East RegionalBostonTD GardenMarch 28 - 30Boston College
South RegionalDallasAmerican Airlines CenterMarch 29 -31Big 12 Conference
Midwest RegionalDetroitLittle Caesars ArenaMarch 29 - 31University of Detroit Mercy / Oakland University
West RegionalLos AngelesCrypto.com ArenaMarch 28 - 30Pepperdine University

Only location/day I can make in person is probably Friday the 29th in Dallas. Doubtful OU is in the South (or makes the Sweet 16). Houston should be. Might try to make it down to watch them. Tell Kellen "maybe next year". :)

Next time the first two rounds are in Oklahoma aren't until 2026 (OKC).

Best guess for OU:

10 seed.

The question is: Will OU play a 7 seed (Clemson, Gonzaga, Washington State, Saint Mary's, etc) or will they face another 10 seed (St. John's, Texas A&M, Oregon, etc) in a play-in game?

What I'm hoping for:

ouclem

or

ouwash

Only location/day I can make in person is probably Friday the 29th in Dallas. Doubtful OU is in the South (or makes the Sweet 16). Houston should be. Might try to make it down to watch them. Tell Kellen "maybe next year". :)

Next time the first two rounds are in Oklahoma aren't until 2026 (OKC).
If we play Tuesday in Dayton, I might be there. If we get sent to Indy this weekend, same.

Best guess for OU:

10 seed.

The question is: Will OU play a 7 seed (Clemson, Gonzaga, Washington State, Saint Mary's, etc) or will they face another 10 seed (St. John's, Texas A&M, Oregon, etc) in a play-in game?

What I'm hoping for:

ouclem

or

ouwash
If we are in the play in the game then imo we arent really in the tournament unless we win the play in game.

If we are in the play in the game then imo we arent really in the tournament unless we win the play in game.
Seems to be a bunch of OU fans spouting this right now. And ? We were safely in the tourney before however many bid stealers came through this week. A large enough group of OU fans just want this team to get $hit on as opposed to getting behind it and I don’t get it.

ESPN and Joe Lunardi has OU as the last team in this morning. I don't know how because they have Indiana State with RPI of 28 and St Johns both out.

The one thing that bothers me this year is that Moser didn't play the Freshmen when they played an absolutely weak Non-Conference schedule. He then played them against TCU. Of course, he was desperate because of injuries. It would have helped if they had gotten time against the door mats. This is going to be tight.

Conference tournaments always throw this for a loop. I hope we are in but won’t be screaming about injustice if we don’t make it.
Last year there were ZERO bid stealers. This year, an unprecedented number. It was a bad year to be anywhere NEAR the bubble. We weren't even on the bubble going into conference tourney week and it all changed slowly as the week went on.

Last year there were ZERO bid stealers. This year, an unprecedented number. It was a bad year to be anywhere NEAR the bubble. We weren't even on the bubble going into conference tourney week and it all changed slowly as the week went on.
And yet the season could go from a positive trajectory into the tournament to a major disappointment considering our start. But that’s the nature of the tournament.

lol again, that’s exactly what the bubble is. Just because YOU thought we were safely in doesn’t make it so. There is a reason not a single site had moved us to lock status. Every one of them noted that we were still in a situation where we could miss out if things shook out a certain way over the course of the conference tournaments.

lol again, that’s exactly what the bubble is. Just because YOU thought we were safely in doesn’t make it so. There is a reason not a single site had moved us to lock status. Every one of them noted that we were still in a situation where we could miss out if things shook out a certain way over the course of the conference tournaments.
It took an historic shake up.

It took an historic shake up.
Care to back that up with facts? That three bid thieves is historic?

Also, what it actually took was the University of Oklahoma winning one basketball game against a team not named OSU over the last several weeks of the season. A complete gag job. That, and a terrible record against the field and inability to even play competitively in most of those games, is why we are in this position.

No watch party for the team. Does that mean not likely to get in?

Back