Sherri talking with James Hale 3/28

Would you send your daughter to Baylor after all of the bad press on their handling of that Boise football transfer and other cases where they basically protected their star program's male athletes at the expense of non-revenue program women's athletes? Hell to the no.

It's going to impact their WBB recruiting, mark my words. And they deserve it.

Wish you were correct, but I don't believe it. The hypocrites have connection to AAU coaches. Sulkey hired one after getting Griner AAU team members and then she fired once they left. I believe a lot of their recent recruiting success in TX is connection to AAU coaches. Just a year ago, only about a third of their roster was from TX. A lot of their recent commits committed after this knowledge.

It hasn't even hurt their football program!

I just caught Sherri talking with James on Sports Talk. I missed the first 5 minutes or so, but here's her main talking points that I heard:

-She sounds incredibly sick. She said that always happens at the end of the year because you get 'run down'

-Every successful team has a star. The OU women need someone to assert themselves and be a star. Great supporting casts are important, but they need a star.

-We only had a player score 20+ points 7 times total all season -- "that's CRAZY!" -- it's incredibly hard to win games that way

-She spoke at length about Buddy and his success -- she's never seen an individual work harder on their craft than Buddy Hield. You need purposeful time spent in the gym. Kelsey Plum does the exact same thing. "Someone needs to be willing to put in that time and effort to distinguish themselves"

-You can counteract size and athleticism of Baylor, Kentucky, Texas, etc. but not with poor shooting -- Against Kentucky, they shot 27% from 2 and not hitting 3 balls -- makes it impossible to compete against more athletic teams

-Discussed new players, even just adding one player always changes complexion -- She says they're adding 4 (she included EJ who was struggling with her learning curve all last season)

-NANCY: great length, basket protector -- Sherri compared her to Khadeem - learning curve, needs to be stronger, tougher -- she's had "physical issues" in senior season. Lots of IFs -- but there's a huge upside that you can't teach

-DUNGEE - different from Nancy in that Chelsea's body is ready for Division 1 basketball - learning curve is only on mental side

-Morgan Rich - she can really SCORE - long, hard to guard, quick release -- needs to improve her defense, but she's already seen a lot of improvement as she's been working with S&C coach

-James asked her about UCONN's dominance and if that's good for college basketball -- "I can't imagine an instance where excellence is bad" - the parity from #2 on down is stronger than it's ever been - its not Geno's fault - it's everyone else's problem to be better

Exactly, coach like Geno and see what you can do with this team.

Also, believe there is more talent out there than some of you believe. But you have to find them and put in a system that works for the players you have and you have to develop the players. Have seen Geno's players
warming up at OU pregame doing a drill and a player's hand was not in the correct position and the asst coach corrected the person. If you are taught the game in a way that practice or game, you automatically performing correctly that gives you a huge head start.

And like I always say, I am not advocating for Sherri to leave though I am not sure she is not getting
a little tired of it. But it is difficult to leave on a downward trend, plus it is difficult to leave any job
you have been doing for so long, that has consumed so much of your daily life.

Last edited:
Back