Sherri's new recruiting strategy

Thank you, Mac. Very helpful!

No problem, it's good to see OU in contact with some good prospects who can come in and push for playing time right away... they also all fit the profile of what Sherri is looking for.

"The staff now monitors recruits’ social media accounts and they could be eliminated based on what they post, top player or not. Coale also focuses on what players want to do while they are in school and after they graduate. Between home visits and official trips to campus, each recruit will meet every person on Oklahoma’s staff, from the sports information director, to the strength coach, all the way down to the equipment managers."
I thought this was was close to what she has been doing for years. We went after many top tier players but werent as successful as we ought to have been. It seemed we thought she went after players using character as a criteria first and how they fit with the current players. What's new? Looking further afield(Canada, Idaho)? No longer going after top tier players? We couldnt get them anyway so better to go after who you can get.
A change in recruiting approach was/is needed. Whether this is really a change or a very slight adjustment or a revolutionary (for Sherru) approach I'll wait and see the results.
I'm not hopeful.

Last edited:
Back