SLAM breaks down the Big 12's incoming recruits

Jeff Capel continues to prove that he is one of the best young recruiters in the game,
:clap

Being a football school, I never thought Joe would be able to find a better recruiter than KS. Kelvin deserves a lot of credit for Jeff's recruiting success. Jeff was able to step in immediately and enjoy the fruits of Kelvin's labor. If it wasn’t for Kelvin, Jeff wouldn't have been able to keep BG or TC. The fact that Jeff made it to the Elite 8 with Kelvin's players shows just how good of a recruiter Sampson was at OU.

Being a football school, I never thought Joe would be able to find a better recruiter than KS. Kelvin deserves a lot of credit for Jeff's recruiting success. Jeff was able to step in immediately and enjoy the fruits of Kelvin's labor. If it wasn’t for Kelvin, Jeff wouldn't have been able to keep BG or TC. The fact that Jeff made it to the Elite 8 with Kelvin's players shows just how good of a recruiter Sampson was at OU.

and we are off...

Also, I believe Blake has said he would not have come to OU under Sampson, but he loved Capel. As for Tony, he liked Kelvin, obviously he committed to him, but I am pretty sure he liked Capel more once he got to know him.

Last edited:

wait what

2009 was a great recruiting class for the Big 12... Everyone got better except maybe Mizzou, who I thought had the weakest class in the Big 12.

2009 was a great recruiting class for the Big 12... Everyone got better except maybe Mizzou, who I thought had the weakest class in the Big 12.

I think Dixon and DeWitt are worth about 3 Nebraska recruits each.....

I also would take Mizzou's class over Techs.

This is quickly beginning to look like football in the Big XII. Well in the south anyway, OU and ut are really stepping up their national recruiting and the RRR games will become more and more significant as the time progresses. Right now I would give the advantage to ut but not by a ton and I would definitely say a couple more seasons like last year and a couple more high draft picks and we will be rolling with anyone in the Big XII even the Gayhawks...

I also would take Mizzou's class over Techs.

Why? Dixon wont even play significant minutes for two years. Dewitt will play behind Ramsey, Bowers, and Safford next year.

Tech had the most underrated class in the Big 12. They filled all their needs based on what they have returning. They have starters returning at point guard, shooting guard, power forward, and center. They signed two good small forwards, a backup shooting guard, and a couple of high school guys that dont need to play right away.

Tech could not have signed a more perfect class for what they need next year.

Last edited:

The board should add a head scratcher graphic

296111k.jpg

The top five rappers in the game are :

1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
5. Dylon

Because I spit hot fire.

DilbertSarcasm.jpg

Wow is all I can say. I think you forget the sarcasm emotican.

raise your hand if you were in attendance for the cape's 1st round win over ISU his initial season.

[raises hand] b:)

Why? Dixon wont even play significant minutes for two years. Dewitt will play behind Ramsey, Bowers, and Safford next year.

Tech had the most underrated class in the Big 12. They filled all their needs based on what they have returning. They have starters returning at point guard, shooting guard, power forward, and center. They signed two good small forwards, a backup shooting guard, and a couple of high school guys that dont need to play right away.

Tech could not have signed a more perfect class for what they need next year.

No idea where you're getting your information, but it is far from accurate.

Dixon is going to play significant minutes from the start and Dewitt (if he qualifies) will get plenty of time, as well, possibly even as a starter. Even if he is behind the three you mentioned, he'll still be getting 15+ minutes/game.

As of right now, though, it doesn't look like Dewitt's going to qualify. He had to improve his ACT score on the June test (his last chance) and there has been no report on his score yet. You'd think if it were good news it would be out there. And even if he did get a qualifying score, the NCAA would need to approve his grades from Charis Prep since they're on the list of suspect prep schools (despite their previous graduates doing well in college, including two current Tigers who are good students).

Back