So OKC ups it's rating to PG13

NickZepp

Reaction score
Not a bad get even if it's a one year rental.

If I'm not mistaken, Presti pretty much flipped Ibaka for PG. That's absolute wizardry. Both were in their final years of their contract, so that evens out.

I'm impressed, and this is even coming from a guy who is 90% certain PG is leaving at the end of the year. Oladipo's contract coming off the books is almost a plus, and Sabonis was never going to be a star. Even if RW and PG both bolt next season, OKC will be set up nicely for a complete reset (with the exception of Adams' mammoth contract).

But Presti's impressiveness is certainly outweighed by Indiana's incompetence. Multiple teams offered better packages. We'll be scratching our heads for years on this one.

I posted less than a minute ago, and I still feel the need to reiterate how idiotic this deal was. We knew it would be a bad day to be a Pacers fan, but this looks to be a bad decade.

:facepalm

I was shocked when I saw the headline in this morning's newspaper. I doubt if I'm the only one who didn't see this coming. A great trade for the Thunder to be sure!

Will Presti stop there, or will he try to trade Kanter, Robinson or Gibson, or maybe engineer a package deal that includes one or more of OKC's young but promising players?

I was shocked when I saw the headline in this morning's newspaper. I doubt if I'm the only one who didn't see this coming. A great trade for the Thunder to be sure!

Will Presti stop there, or will he try to trade Kanter, Robinson or Gibson, or maybe engineer a package deal that includes one or more of OKC's young but promising players?

I believe OKC will try and resign Roberson, Gibson who are free agents. If OKC gets Rudy Gay I believe Kanter will probably be on the move.

I believe OKC will try and resign Roberson, Gibson who are free agents. If OKC gets Rudy Gay I believe Kanter will probably be on the move.

Gay, George and Westbrook would be an ultra dynamic trio on both sides of the ball.

I'm still not sold on Adams as the five of the future. The potential is there. He's just too inconsistent to suit me. Kanter is better on offense. If only he could play defense [sigh].

If OKC gets Gay or ZBo as is being rumored. Kanter or Adams are gone. But adding George opens the lane for the bigs.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

If anybody says they saw this coming, they're lying. Reportedly, there were many better offers already. I kinda suspected the Celtics were a bluff to get the Lakers to part with Ball or Ingram, but I'd assume they would have been willing to part with comparable assets. Boston wasn't parting with one of their valuable picks, but I bet they'd have parted with their own, as well as one or two young guys with just as much promise or more than Sabonis. It's crazy that, in a world where half-season rentals of Lou Williams and Bogdanovic can net a first round pick, Indy couldn't manage to come away with any picks for Paul George. I'll be interested in the coming days to see what was truly offered. It's starting to look like Indiana refused to deal with LA out of spite, and didn't want George in the Eastern conference. If so, Indiana shot themselves in the foot.

If another key player is moved, I'd suspect it's Adams -- his contract sticks out like a sore thumb. They have plenty of cap space if RW and PG leave, so they don't have to move Adams, but if they did, they'd be in great position to launch a full reset. My bet is that Presti's rebuild would center around utilizing the cap space to take on bad contracts and have OKC swarming with draft picks.

Presti is a wizard. It is going to be a fun season. Need to sign a PF and move Kanter still. Love his offense but he's virtually unplayable against the elite teams. I hope we resign Taj and land Gay. Still torn on Roberson. Love his game and potential but what will he cost?

Presti is a wizard. It is going to be a fun season. Need to sign a PF and move Kanter still. Love his offense but he's virtually unplayable against the elite teams. I hope we resign Taj and land Gay. Still torn on Roberson. Love his game and potential but what will he cost?
Roberson is probably going down to under 10 million bucks now.

Roberson is probably going down to under 10 million bucks now.

Have to have him then.. I know at one point at the end of the season there were rumors he could be a near max guy.

I know a few of you have said you think Adams goes next. I just don't see it personally. I love Adams but that contract is massive. Don't see how you get anyone to take it without sweeteners

I know a few of you have said you think Adams goes next. I just don't see it personally. I love Adams but that contract is massive. Don't see how you get anyone to take it without sweeteners

I don't think they necessarily will be able to move Adams, but I do think they'll try. It wouldn't even take half the Presti wizardry of the PG trade. They'd almost have more cap space than they'd know what to do with, though, and they have to have somebody the fanbase can get behind for a year or two.

Back