Softball

The pro site didn't post the stats on the USSSA games until today (for the last two games). The Pride lost to Dallas 5-2 before winning once again 6-0. They are the "home team" in Columbia, Mo tonight against Dallas. There is another game in Columbia tomorrow.

Edit: Charge beat the Pride tonight, 4-1. Lauren had a hit batsman. Pendley had a walk. I don't think they did anything else. I only caught the last two innings on ESPN3.

Last edited:
Kinda strange to see OSU hire an ex-OU baseball player as its new softball coach. Used to be that Silo Tech would disqualify anyone with OU ties from coaching there.

I wasn't too shocked to see the DOK bring up an obscure thing that Patty Gasso hasn't apparently congratulated Kenny Gajewski for being named the Pokette head coach. I doubt they even considered the possibility that maybe Gasso really doesn't even know him very well. But it makes a better "story" to make it look like coach of the Evil Sooners was blowing him off.

Kinda strange to see OSU hire an ex-OU baseball player as its new softball coach. Used to be that Silo Tech would disqualify anyone with OU ties from coaching there.

I wasn't too shocked to see the DOK bring up an obscure thing that Patty Gasso hasn't apparently congratulated Kenny Gajewski for being named the Pokette head coach. I doubt they even considered the possibility that maybe Gasso really doesn't even know him very well. But it makes a better "story" to make it look like coach of the Evil Sooners was blowing him off.

Agreed! Patty may be out of the country on vacation or whatever. Of course, KG may be trying to stir up controversy for gathering visibility of the sheep program.

It's NOT surprising however, that aggie hired a man for a women's program. I believe they have one woman head coach for their women's programs and before her hire, they were all men. I realize there is no requirement to have a woman coach for a women's program but why wouldn't they? If I were a female athlete at osu, I'd be concerned and disappointed.

If I were an AD I would hire the best person I could find for the job. Race, sex, nor age would matter.

Why would Patti Gasso care about who got the OSU job? Sorry, I don't think that I have ever heard an OU coach congratulate an osu hire in any sport nor have I heard an OSU coach congratulate an OU hire. I am just glad that OSU did not hire a former OSU baseball player named Tripp MacKay.

Gajewski has 3 years experience as an assistant softball coach and one as a baseball director of operations. Before that in 2011, he was selling turf for fields. He wasn't even the top assistant at Florida. It is not like he has really paid his dues like Walton as a softball coach. It is an interesting hire for osu.

The Pride play at Akron, Monday, 6:00 PM, CBS Sports Network.

Agreed! Patty may be out of the country on vacation or whatever. Of course, KG may be trying to stir up controversy for gathering visibility of the sheep program.

It's NOT surprising however, that aggie hired a man for a women's program. I believe they have one woman head coach for their women's programs and before her hire, they were all men. I realize there is no requirement to have a woman coach for a women's program but why wouldn't they? If I were a female athlete at osu, I'd be concerned and disappointed.
Just to clarify, I don't think Kenny Gajewski was the one trying to rip OU. I think the person who wrote the article wanted to make it a big deal that he hadn't heard from Patty.

Chamberlain is off to a horrible start, hitting about 123. They have pinch hit for her a couple of times, and she isn't a starter right now. But, she may have gotten it off her back tonight. Tonight, Lauren hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the tenth to give the Pride a 4-2 win over the PA Rebellion. It was only her fourth hit of the year, and her first extra-base hit.

Although Shelby got off to a great start, she is now hitting about 290.

The Pride play league-leading Chicago tonight. You can watch on YouTube via that National Pro Fastpitch website. Keilani is going against Monica Abbott. In the first game of the series, Abbott got the loss in relief, one of those extra-inning games in which they begin an inning with a runner on second. Lauren faced Abbott and struck out. Lauren has had hits in the last two games and is beginning to raise her average. I think it is up to about 154 after a horrid start. Shelby has been slumping and is not in the lineup tonight. Game is at 7:00.

Click on the July 1, "watch live."
http://profastpitch.com/schedule/2015schedule/

Is Michelle pitching or on our staff as an assistant? Or both?

Maybe both. Michelle pitched a two-hit shutout in the last of four games for Chicago against the Pride. Lauren got the first hit off of Michelle, a shot down the left field line for a single. Chicago is in first place by 2 1/2 games over the Pride, and the Pride won the first two in Chicago to get to within a half game. Then, Abbott and Gascoigne shut them down. So, she is there.

World Cup scores: USA (senior team with Sierra Romero), USJW (junior team with Sydney).

USJW 14 Argentina 0
USJW 1 Canada 4
USJW 1 Puerto Rico 2
USJW 10 Venezuela 4
USJW 10 Mexico 3
USJW 2 Japan 7

USA 4 Mexico 0
USA 14 Puerto Rico 1
USA 10 Argentina 0
USA 4 Japan 1
USA 1 Canada 4
USA 7 Venezuela 0

USA 3 USJW 2

Sunday
Mexico at USJW
Japan at USA

Sydney is 5 for 15 in five games, all singles. One K, two BB. The Japanese pitcher struck her out, a rarity for Sydney.

After a torrid start, Shelby has cooled off and is down to 241 with one home run and six rbis. She also has two doubles.

Lauren started very, very slowly and was at about 125 until the past three or four games. She is now at 175 with two home runs and four rbis. I think that both of her home runs have been game-winning two-run shots. Both have struck out twelve times. Shelby has fourteen more at bats. They sat Lauren for a couple of games. She was going that badly.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Events/2015/June/29/World-Cup-of-Softball-X/Live-Streaming

You can watch Mexico USJW right now in the first round of the playoffs. Mexico leads 4-1 in the fourth.

Edit: Sydney continued her 333 hitting with a line shot down the left field line with the bases loaded to get the US team to within 4-5. A second rbi was lost when the runner was thrown out at the plate. Bases loaded again. Bases loaded walk ties the game at 5-5, but a line out double play ends the threat. Tied after five. It looks like Sydney sees the ball well. She gets wood on it a lot. Well, in this case, it would be aluminum.

Last edited:
USJW came back from a 5-1 deficit to beat Mexico 6-5. Romero made the last out, going to her right and stabbing back-handed a one-hopper on one knee, throwing back across her body from her knee to first to get the final out. I don't think Shelby would have made that play.

Fifth Place Game
USJW 6 Mexico 5

First Place Game
USA 6 Japan 1

Back