Some interesting RSCI & McDAA stuff...

He is in the group below Barton and Bullock who are both Top 10 kids, imo. That's why he's on the bubble, for some reason I'm now changing my mind and think he has a decent shot to make it.

I know he is ranked below them now...all I was saying is that I think he is in that group...meaning I think he is about even with those two (my personal opinion). Kendrick and Richmond are ranked ahead of him too, but I think he is better than them. Basically, I'm saying that I think he is one of the top four wing players in his class and I feel like Barnes is the only guy who is clearly in a class by himself on the wing.

I know he is ranked below them now...all I was saying is that I think he is in that group...meaning I think he is about even with those two (my personal opinion). Kendrick and Richmond are ranked ahead of him too, but I think he is better than them. Basically, I'm saying that I think he is one of the top four wing players in his class and I feel like Barnes is the only guy who is clearly in a class by himself on the wing.

I could understand the other guys but I think you would be in a minority saying he is as good as Barton or Bullock. Barton's lowest ranking on RSCI is #11 and Bullock's is #13. There is a pretty big difference between the #7 player in a class and the #25. I would agree that Barnes is a level ahead of Barton and Bullock but there is also a level between those two and guys like Clark, Lamb, Coleman, or Roscoe Smith.

I think the biggest thing in Clark getting in the game is whether or not they take more PG's than the usual 2 per team. There are 7 guys in the Top 25 listed as PG's (Knight, Irving, Selby, Jackson, Marshall, Joseph, Harrow). If they take all those guys, which they could since many of them are more combo guards than pure PG's, that doesn't leave very many spots for the SG's and SF's.

What's crazy is once you get to Clark's area (past #20) you begin to get much bigger swings in opinion (which shows my point about the split between Clark and the higher rated guys). For instance, Clark isn't rated higher than 30th other than one service yet is #25 overall. Cory Joseph has 2 rankings in the 40's, Payne has 1 at 40, etc.

Pretty much every guy in after #20 has a big swing in rankings which means to me that depending on who has sway in the committees we will see some interesting selections around that point.

I could understand the other guys but I think you would be in a minority saying he is as good as Barton or Bullock. Barton's lowest ranking on RSCI is #11 and Bullock's is #13. There is a pretty big difference between the #7 player in a class and the #25. I would agree that Barnes is a level ahead of Barton and Bullock but there is also a level between those two and guys like Clark, Lamb, Coleman, or Roscoe Smith.

I think the biggest thing in Clark getting in the game is whether or not they take more PG's than the usual 2 per team. There are 7 guys in the Top 25 listed as PG's (Knight, Irving, Selby, Jackson, Marshall, Joseph, Harrow). If they take all those guys, which they could since many of them are more combo guards than pure PG's, that doesn't leave very many spots for the SG's and SF's.

What's crazy is once you get to Clark's area (past #20) you begin to get much bigger swings in opinion (which shows my point about the split between Clark and the higher rated guys). For instance, Clark isn't rated higher than 30th other than one service yet is #25 overall. Cory Joseph has 2 rankings in the 40's, Payne has 1 at 40, etc.

Pretty much every guy in after #20 has a big swing in rankings which means to me that depending on who has sway in the committees we will see some interesting selections around that point.

Just looking at the class, I don't see how there aren't 3 point guards on each team. It's easily the deepest position in the class...

Just looking at the class, I don't see how there aren't 3 point guards on each team. It's easily the deepest position in the class...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, especially since a few are more scoring guards. I'm just thinking that could hurt the chances of some SF's or SG's who are on the bubble.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, especially since a few are more scoring guards. I'm just thinking that could hurt the chances of some SF's or SG's who are on the bubble.

Knight, Irving and Selby are mortal locks. Then you've still got Joe Jackson, Ray McCallum, Ryan Harrow, Cory Joseph, Kendall Marshall and Phil Pressey. That's 9 guys who are probably as good or better than some of the point guards to make the team in previous years (Lucas, Drew, Frasor). I will be shocked if 6 of those guys aren't on the team.

Knight, Irving and Selby are mortal locks. Then you've still got Joe Jackson, Ray McCallum, Ryan Harrow, Cory Joseph, Kendall Marshall and Phil Pressey. That's 9 guys who are probably as good or better than some of the point guards to make the team in previous years (Lucas, Drew, Frasor). I will be shocked if 6 of those guys aren't on the team.

Yeah, I think Jackson, Joseph, and Kendall Marshall are locks as well.

I toatally agree i was speaking of individual fans such as myself as well, you guys are on point.

The difference is fans have nothing to do with the McDonald's game whereas fan votes can actually get you selected to the All Star game (starting position).

The difference is fans have nothing to do with the McDonald's game whereas fan votes can actually get you selected to the All Star game (starting position).
I seen all these guys play this summer,and this kid was the most unselfish player on the circut and in the tournament called the real deal on the hill in Arkansas, this kid shut Jackson, down.Clark ,played excelent defense on jackson, and scored 40pts and the rebounds this kid got was crazy.Remember this kid was once ranked #18,my friends alot of it is politics i been on this circut for years. The sad thing about the rankings it is geard toward aau acomplishments more than highschool.

I seen all these guys play this summer,and this kid was the most unselfish player on the circut and in the tournament called the real deal on the hill in Arkansas, this kid shut Jackson, down.Clark ,played excelent defense on jackson, and scored 40pts and the rebounds this kid got was crazy.Remember this kid was once ranked #18,my friends alot of it is politics i been on this circut for years. The sad thing about the rankings it is geard toward aau acomplishments more than highschool.

Yeah, some of the politics involved is pretty stupid. The one thing I will say is the reason it's based more on summer ball is that's when you play against the best players. I think the biggest thing that hurt Clark was the NBA Camp. He had a supbar camp and that's where pretty much every top player was at. Also, his summer team was good but not great if I remember so if you're not going deep in the tourney's then you aren't getting as many viewings.

Either way OU is getting a terrific player along with Taylor and with the way OU's freshman look this year OU is just loading up for some deep Tourney runs.

Another factor is the teams are done broken up by East and West. Using the Mississippi River as the divider this is where Cam ranks in the RSCI in the west.
1. Harrison Barnes (Iowa)
2. C Perry Jones (Texas)
3. PF Tristan Thompson (Nevada)
4. C Josh Smith (Washington)
5. SF/PF Terrence Jones (Oregon)
6. PG Cory Joseph (Neveda)
7. SF Cameron Clark (Texas)

Now I know they're most likely going to have some of the kids in the east end up in the west considering how East Heavy this class is but will they bring in 6 kids from the east to bump out Cam going off the RSCI?

Going off just the RSCI rankings I would guess this could be a viable team.

East
PG Brandon Knight
SG Josh Selby
SF Will Barton
PF Tobias Harris
C Jared Sullinger
Bench
PG Kyrie Irving
SF Reggie Bullock
PF DeShaun Thomas
PF C.J. Leslie
SG Doron Lamb
C Fab Melo
SF Jelan Kendrick

West
PG - Cory Joseph
SG - ? ?
SF – Harrison Barnes
PF Tristan Thompson
C – Perry Jones
Bench
PG Joe Jackson (From Memphis but I can see him going West)
C Adreian Payne (Ohio but another guy who ends up west given the depth of the East)
C Josh Smith
SF Cameron Clark
SF Jereme Richmond (Illinois but goes west)
??
??

Not really a true Shooting guard in the west, guess Trey Zigler could sneak in off that, Cam could be considering some what of a 2 as I really think depending on the system he could be a 2-4 type guy.

Another factor is the teams are done broken up by East and West. Using the Mississippi River as the divider this is where Cam ranks in the RSCI in the west.
1. Harrison Barnes (Iowa)
2. C Perry Jones (Texas)
3. PF Tristan Thompson (Nevada)
4. C Josh Smith (Washington)
5. SF/PF Terrence Jones (Oregon)
6. PG Cory Joseph (Neveda)
7. SF Cameron Clark (Texas)

Now I know they're most likely going to have some of the kids in the east end up in the west considering how East Heavy this class is but will they bring in 6 kids from the east to bump out Cam going off the RSCI?

Going off just the RSCI rankings I would guess this could be a viable team.

East
PG Brandon Knight
SG Josh Selby
SF Will Barton
PF Tobias Harris
C Jared Sullinger
Bench
PG Kyrie Irving
SF Reggie Bullock
PF DeShaun Thomas
PF C.J. Leslie
SG Doron Lamb
C Fab Melo
SF Jelan Kendrick

West
PG - Cory Joseph
SG - ? ?
SF – Harrison Barnes
PF Tristan Thompson
C – Perry Jones
Bench
PG Joe Jackson (From Memphis but I can see him going West)
C Adreian Payne (Ohio but another guy who ends up west given the depth of the East)
C Josh Smith
SF Cameron Clark
SF Jereme Richmond (Illinois but goes west)
??
??

Not really a true Shooting guard in the west, guess Trey Zigler could sneak in off that, Cam could be considering some what of a 2 as I really think depending on the system he could be a 2-4 type guy.

God bless you for doing this...I gave this a shot a few weeks back...here is what I came up with (for what its worth).

I know I'm stupid for doing this, but why not project the guys we think might make the team? Here is my best guess...

East:

C: Jared Sullinger
C: Fab Melo
F: Tobias Harris
F: C.J. Leslie
F: Josh Hairston
W: Jelan Kendrick
W: Will Barton
W: Reggie Bullock
W: Doron Lamb
P: Brandon Knight
P: Kyrie Irving
P: Josh Selby

West:

C: Josh Smith
C: Perry Jones
F: Tristan Thompson
F: Terrence Jones
F: DeShaun Thomas
F: Patric Young
W: Harrison Barnes
W: Jereme Richmond
W: Justin Coleman
P: Joe Jackson
P: Kendall Marshall
P: Cory Joseph

That's the best I could come up with. It seems like the group of guys that would still have a shot would include Cam. There's still Cam Clark, Ray McCallum, Ryan Harrow, Adreian Payne, Roscoe Smith, Trey Zeigler, Phil Pressey, Dion Waters, Jordan McRae, and Dion Waters.

I'm sure I'm leaving some out or including too many...It's not like I really know how these selections are made or anything. Anyway, I'd think that Cam has a decent shot, with the main guys he's competing against being Justin Coleman, Doron Lamb, Jelan Kendrick and Jereme Richmond.

You included more of those true east coast guys like Coleman, Marshall, over a guy like Cam who is true west. It would be interesting to see the make up of previous teams and the average of east guys being placed in the west just to get them on the team. Also I probably didn't take into account of the UNC and Duke factor with some of the borderline (20-30 slots) players receiving a boast just cuz they're going there.

Just looked up the West Rosters for the past couple years.

In 2009 3 players were from East of the Mississippi River. Only 2 were true East Coast.
Mason Plumlee - Indiana (18 RSCI)
John Henson - Florida (5 RSCI)
Wally Judge - Maryland/Florida (15 RSCI)
FWIW all three were Post players
(counting Tiny as Texas based even though he played at Oak Hill)

In 2008 there were 4 east of the Mississippi but no true East Coast Guys
Michael Dunigan - Illinois (22 RSCI tied)
Scotty Hopson - Kentucky (11 RSCI)
B. J. Mullens - Ohio (8 RSCI)
Iman Shumpert - Illinois (22 RSCI tied)

In 2007 there were 3 east of the Mississippi but only 1 true East Coast Guy
Derrick Rose - Illinois (5 RSCI)
Eric Gordon - Indiana (3 RSCI)
Michael Beasley - Maryland (4 RSCI)

In 2006 there 4 east of the Mississippi but only 1 true east coast guy.
Jon Scheyer - Illinois (28 RSCI)
Kevin Durant - Maryland (RSCI)
Daequan Cook - Ohio (13 RSCI)
Sherron Collins - Illinois (14 RSCI)

So in general there are usually only a few true East Coast guys (usually an elite one).

Also even though I was originally using Illinois as east based it seems the majority goes West. Indiana and Ohio to some extent as well.

Also another factor is are all the guys we're eligible for the game?
Or are they like John Wall last year and can't play cuz they're 5th year players.

Just looked up the West Rosters for the past couple years.

In 2009 3 players were from East of the Mississippi River. Only 2 were true East Coast.
Mason Plumlee - Indiana (18 RSCI)
John Henson - Florida (5 RSCI)
Wally Judge - Maryland/Florida (15 RSCI)
FWIW all three were Post players
(counting Tiny as Texas based even though he played at Oak Hill)

In 2008 there were 4 east of the Mississippi but no true East Coast Guys
Michael Dunigan - Illinois (22 RSCI tied)
Scotty Hopson - Kentucky (11 RSCI)
B. J. Mullens - Ohio (8 RSCI)
Iman Shumpert - Illinois (22 RSCI tied)

In 2007 there were 3 east of the Mississippi but only 1 true East Coast Guy
Derrick Rose - Illinois (5 RSCI)
Eric Gordon - Indiana (3 RSCI)
Michael Beasley - Maryland (4 RSCI)

In 2006 there 4 east of the Mississippi but only 1 true east coast guy.
Jon Scheyer - Illinois (28 RSCI)
Kevin Durant - Maryland (RSCI)
Daequan Cook - Ohio (13 RSCI)
Sherron Collins - Illinois (14 RSCI)

So in general there are usually only a few true East Coast guys (usually an elite one).

Also even though I was originally using Illinois as east based it seems the majority goes West. Indiana and Ohio to some extent as well.

Also another factor is are all the guys we're eligible for the game?
Or are they like John Wall last year and can't play cuz they're 5th year players.

Where they went to college also might have something to do with true "east" players playing on the West team. Judge, Beasley, Durant all went/are going to school in Big XII country.

When it comes down to it they choose ranking over region every single time except in a case where it's a kid who is close to the site where the game is being played. They will get their top 24 players first THEN split them into teams.

When it comes down to it they choose ranking over region every single time except in a case where it's a kid who is close to the site where the game is being played. They will get their top 24 players first THEN split them into teams.
Yeah u right Cam did not have good NBA camp i was their, but the reason was because u had some ball hogging players.It is hard to see a kid play teamball in that setting and the other players was just going for theirs.It was alot of talk during that camp of how good this kid is and how unselfish he is,so who knows maybe he will get in the Jordan game.

Yeah u right Cam did not have good NBA camp i was their, but the reason was because u had some ball hogging players.It is hard to see a kid play teamball in that setting and the other players was just going for theirs.It was alot of talk during that camp of how good this kid is and how unselfish he is,so who knows maybe he will get in the Jordan game.

You're right, that's the bummer about a lot of the camps, it all depends on whose team you get on. I know Justin Coleman blew up at that camp and I'm pretty sure he played with one of the best PG's there.

Back