Some thoughts.....

Are you conventiently ignoring that I said a top 25 team? I'd settle for top 35 or so (essentially favored in your first round tourney game), but it's hard to distinguish the ratings at YE. I simply looked at Soonerstats.com to see whether we were ranked in the top 25 at YE. The years I listed, we were. Like I said though, any year we met the other criteria, and were given a 1-8 seed probably works as well. Don't think that changes anything. I wouldn't really call a team that gets a 12 seed a "good" team, by OU's standards. That is pretty average.

If he is replacing a player that guarded the 2, then yes, on that team he'd have to guard the 2. Why don't you grasp that? And while I agree that defense has alot to do with technique and "want to", if you don't have the foot speed, ie, the lateral quickness, to guard a guy, you don't. Cade is fine.....actually, Cade is REALLY good at defending players that can't use their quickness to get by him.

Compare Ere's jr year to Cade's. Ere was just getting used to D1, and coming to a new team. Cade has been D1 for 3 years, and been in the same program. Ere shoots it better from 2. They are nearly the same from 3 and the FT line. Ere rebounded better on a good rebounding team. Ere scored it better on a team with more scorers. Ere averaged nearly twice as many assists. Now, I'd agree that Cade probably defends better. This is one of those situations where stats don't tell the entire story. Ere was the 3rd best player, offensively at least, on a Final Four team. Cade is currently the 5th best offensive player on a team that has played rather poorly.

I like what Cade does as far as hustle and toughness, but don't you think Kelvin would have had him taking minutes from Detrick, rather than Ere? I certainly do. In the last 11 games, Cade has had nearly as many <5 point games (4) as double digit games (5). And those numbers are sure to decrease even more once Willie is at full strength.

Pay close attention: I NEVER said Cade would start over Ere, go back and look it was never said. Again this is dishonest on your part. If you look at production a case could be made. I will say it again, I WOULD NEVER START CADE DAVIS OVER ERE! Please grasp my position.

Goldbold was not a pure 2, detrick wasn't a 2, Ere wasn't a 2.

Davis is as good if not better defender than: Neal, J Williams, K Newton, E. Martin, Allison, Curry. If these are the 2's you want him to 'replace'.

Essentially, you are arguing that Cade wouldn't have started on our final four and elite eight teams.

This idea that Cade is better if he has better players around him is asinine. What player isn't better when he is surrounded by better players?

You are completely fixated on defending the 2 what about the ability to defend the 2 & the 3? J Williams might have been better vs smaller players but Davis is a better defender against bigger players, right? WWIII is the 2 on the current roster right?

Please refrain from making ignorant comments about me being happy because Cade will probably start next year due to coach Capel's "mistakes". I could care less if Cade starts, I want the best players on the floor and if Davis isn't one of them he should sit.

The whole point is that your "thoughts" are uninformed, over regulated, non-sense. A player of Davis's ilk can absolutely 100% be a starter on a good team period.

Last edited:
You want Cade on the floor for his spirit, his hustle, his defense and his communication. It's a lot more than just stats. Cade leaves it all on the court and I mean all.

Cade is arguably our best all around basketball player. He is not only the best athlete we have. He can shoot he can defend, he can go inside, he has good size too. He's a solid college basketball player and should start every game.

TU can be very negative at times (and he's far from the only one); we all know that. However, his initial post was about 90% positive, and many of you decided to attack the 10% that wasn't positive. C'mon, we won the game, guys. Lighten up a bit.

Enough with the bickering. I can't believe that there is a Robert Allison reference in this thread.

TU can be very negative at times (and he's far from the only one); we all know that. However, his initial post was about 90% positive, and many of you decided to attack the 10% that wasn't positive. C'mon, we won the game, guys. Lighten up a bit.

I'm guilty of this, my bad TU.

Until Cade makes a long distance 3 on the road to win a game......gimmee David. :)

I'd say those two kids are pretty close to being the same player. David is a bit stronger, and has better foot speed IMO, and Cade is the better athlete.

The thing at this point that sets them apart, is consistency. Cade is "starting" to show signs of that, but he has had some stinkers of late too. If Cade continues doing what he has done lately, but becomes consistent in doing so on the road, and against top-notch talent, then he will probably be the better player at the end of the day. That probably needs to be decided next season though. Amazing how many people want to ride a 10 game or so stretch, and assume Cade will play like this forever now. He may. But geez.....he might not either.

I'd say those two kids are pretty close to being the same player. David is a bit stronger, and has better foot speed IMO, and Cade is the better athlete.

The thing at this point that sets them apart, is consistency. Cade is "starting" to show signs of that, but he has had some stinkers of late too. If Cade continues doing what he has done lately, but becomes consistent in doing so on the road, and against top-notch talent, then he will probably be the better player at the end of the day. That probably needs to be decided next season though. Amazing how many people want to ride a 10 game or so stretch, and assume Cade will play like this forever now. He may. But geez.....he might not either.

fair enough, however I will point out that I used his entire season when making comparisons, I didn't just cherry pick certain games or limit the criteria that could be used for the discussion. Which I'm sure you appreciate.

As for Goldold's consistency you hold in such high regard; I suggest you do a refresher on his career. Boxscores are an excellent source. Memories............not so reliable.

I said last year Cade would play a much bigger role this year than a lot of ppl thought. Everyone keeps underestimating him. Cade is improving. He's quickly become an asset on the defensive end forcing turnovers and his ability to take it to the rim has definitely improved. This is a big reason his point production has risen. If he keeps improving don't be surprised if he plays an even bigger role next year. I think Cade can avg 16 easily.

:yoyo <-- this jugular pic is really starting to gross me out

Cade's biggest thing for me is before he use to let 3's just fly all day. Now he is starting to use the fake and drive the ball and this makes Cade's game that much more dangerous. Add to that he is taking over that leadership roll and I want him out there as much as possible.

Back