Something I would like to see a lot more of

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
from now on is the ball being worked through Tiny anytime the Sooners are in the halfcourt. Tiny is not a black hole. Much like Blake, he is a willing passer and a good passer. It will cause Tiny to stay down in the blocks which will allow him a better chance at offensive rebounds. It will hopefully stop guys from jacking up so many ill-advised threes that aren't in the flow of the offense. And, it will hopefully get some teams into foul trouble.

I say work it through Tiny early and often.

from now on is the ball being worked through Tiny anytime the Sooners are in the halfcourt. Tiny is not a black hole. Much like Blake, he is a willing passer and a good passer. It will cause Tiny to stay down in the blocks which will allow him a better chance at offensive rebounds. It will hopefully stop guys from jacking up so many ill-advised threes that aren't in the flow of the offense. And, it will hopefully get some teams into foul trouble.

I say work it through Tiny early and often.

We need to be a halfcourt team that works through Tiny. We need to try and keep the games in the 50 and 60s to win. Offensively, we're a good team. Willie needs to feed Tiny the ball. A few time Willie looked him off. Once Willie utilizes tiny and plays off of him, we'll have more efficient offense and cut down on turnovers. We need to be a halfcourt team and go through tiny because we can't defend 94 feet.

i said that last week, that tiny needs more touches.
the current offense seems to be pass it around the perimeter until a guard decides to jack up a 3.
it ain't pretty.
tiny can do some damage if given the chance.

Caracter couldn't defend him and he didn't even recognize it. He holds the ball a little to long in the post. If he goes off the catch, he'll be alot more efficient. I don't know if he realizes holding it in the post just gives the defense time to react to his move.

I agree with DM. No one seemed to realize that Tiny could have taken the game over. I was shocked at times that Tiny wasn't getting doubles and could score at will. I think they weren't doubling because we were more likely to take a quick jump shot than work them in the post. I think this team can run in transition and should, but in the half-court sets we need to do more work to get easy baskets. I am fine with us shooting some 3s because we are a pretty good shooting team, but I think we will get better shots if we make people work to prevent easy baskets. If that mean running more plays through Tiny, then so be it. Maybe we need to send our guards in motion to the hoop or run an Iso with Willie and sit Croc at the elbow. Whatever it is, we need to be setting up the long ball with easy baskets not the other way around.

We seemed to go to this more in the second half. It looked Capel was calling it from the bench. I completely agree with what is being said in this thread. We have a better chance of winning if we make it a half court game. I am curious to see if we show more of this against Gonzaga. More than anything this team needs an IDENTITY.

The thing that makes that tough, and I only really noticed it for the first time last night, is that Tiny is terrible at sealing his defender. As in, he rarely ever does it. He is getting away with it right now, but when we start into the Big 12, if he doesn't do a better job, his defender is going to steal the ball half the time before it ever gets to him.

With his body, he should be a beast inside.

Back