Sooner women land seven on Academic All-Big 12 team:

bluesooner17

Reaction score
Count book-smarts as an Oklahoma women’s basketball strength.

Seven Sooners made the Academic All-Big 12 team, the league announced Thursday. OU led the conference in total selections.

Maddie Manning, Gabbi Ortiz, Vionise Pierre-Louis and LaNesia Williams all made the first team, which requires a GPA above 3.20. Ortiz was nominated with a 4.0.

Ijeoma Idimgbe, Gileysa Penzo and McKenna Treece received second-team selections, requiring a GPA between 3.00 and 3.19.

Players qualify by keeping a cumulative 3.00 GPA or higher over two previous semesters and have participated in 60 percent of the team’s scheduled contests.

Seniors who’ve played for a minimum of two years and meet the criteria except percent of participation are also eligible.

OU (13-12, 8-6 Big 12) plays at 2 p.m. Saturday at West Virginia.

What it is all about.

(Baylor had one.)

That was interesting. In fact, if you look at the first & second teams, Baylor had only 3, and ended up with fewer Academic All Conference members than anyone else in the conference.

I wonder why - and what it means - if anything.

That was interesting. In fact, if you look at the first & second teams, Baylor had only 3, and ended up with fewer Academic All Conference members than anyone else in the conference.

I wonder why - and what it means - if anything.
Pretty simple to me. Baylor has basketball players and OU has student-athletes. And I don't mean that in a negative way.

Back